Around the NHL: 2018-19, Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
If some PR guy that is the face of their company got caught doing this then they'd be fired instantly. Like it or not, Hockey players are paid in part to be public figure. The everybody else is doing it excuse sounds like elementary school students.
They weren't in public.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I find it more interesting that they're taking shots at the coach for having "the worst power-play and the worst PK within a calendar year"... when, you know, they're the players on those PP's and PK's. Coaching is important and all, especially for effectively changing things up if it isn't working. But it's kinda like Kyle Okposo whiffing on a tap in with no one around him, sending it way wide and falling over... just to get up and give Housley the death stare like "this is your fault".

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

Oh my ....

giphy.gif

images

Last edited:

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013

This was a cool video to watch.

It is really interesting how TB uses their D in the offensive zone at even strength to create a 1-3-1.

Wow that's an awesome set up. I want to say it's an option for them because of how absurd their personnel is. But I can also see how they're able to turn their mismatches at C and D into threats on the wings, which weakens the middle of the defensive zone.

Eichel/Skinner/Pominville would thrive in this set up, but I don't think the rest of the team would be capable of pulling it off.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013

I am pretty sure that is Dineens department and some people actually wanted him as a head coach or at least kicked his name around.

If I am not mistaken he took over Kitchens PK responsibilities while already being the PP coach.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
In consequence of the Q firing I secretly wish Sabres player were caught voicing their Uber opinions about their coaches.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
"I would never expect players to speak recklessly about coaches and think it won't get out, but that's the world we live in right now. Everybody is dumb." - People who don't make excuses for their stupid behavior.
Can you tell me of any job in the world where when employees get together they don't take shots at their boss?

Reactions: Dingo44 and Jim Bob

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Can you tell me of any job in the world where when employees get together they don't take shots at their boss?

Not the point. Smart people do that in a safe environment away from untrusted eyes and ears. Stupid people smart off in front of strangers or in places they could be recorded.

Side note - a team captain should not be a smart azz about coaches in front of other players, he should be trying to solve that issue in the right way.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Not the point. Smart people do that in a safe environment away from untrusted eyes and ears. Stupid people smart off in front of strangers or in places they could be recorded.

Side note - a team captain should not be a smart azz about coaches in front of other players, he should be trying to solve that issue in the right way.

According to Uber's terms of service, an Uber ride is a place where people should feel free from being recorded.

Uber is trying to get the video pulled and when they find out who the driver is, they will be getting let go.

The players are victims of someone trying to make a buck and violating an agreement that they had freely entered into as terms of being an Uber driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad