Around the NHL: 2018-19, Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
So was Mackinnon the locker room problem???? Can’t be good culture if the team plays badly and a supposed leader disrespects management openly. Right???

And the Blues are rebounding, what does that say about the evil culture of O’Reilly????

I would wait to hear any responses, but we know that there won’t be any.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
So was Mackinnon the locker room problem???? Can’t be good culture if the team plays badly and a supposed leader disrespects management openly. Right???

And the Blues are rebounding, what does that say about the evil culture of O’Reilly????

Sabres are "on a huge downward skid" - 4-5-1 in L10 games

St Louis are "rebounding" - 5-5-0 in L10 games

But comparing a guy who is so passionate about the game he is getting openly frustrated with coaching, versus a guy who 'lost his passion to play', as the same kind of 'locker room problem' is just.. well.. wrong to do.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

But comparing a guy who is so passionate about the game he is getting openly frustrated with coaching, versus a guy who 'lost his passion to play', as the same kind of 'locker room problem' is just.. well.. wrong to do.

so we can trade for Mack now at a decreased price like STL did for ROR? Is there a tangible point to be made here?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Why must you be so hyperbolic? Most understand a team culture is impacted by a lot of different things. Its rarely as simple and cartoonish as you're trying to portray it here. Posters that think this way (as in ROR is the devil) are not likely to change their mind so why bother?

Last edited:

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Jackets are in a tough spot. They're a playoff bubble team but Panarin and Bob are gone this off season. Do they trade them? They could end up losing both players for nothing and also narrowly missing the playoffs.
They have to trade them. Bob isn't exactly carrying them and With all the teams in the playoff hunt, Columbus should get a good price on Panarin. That guy doesn't want to be there so they better try what the islanders did with Tavares.

Reactions: 1point21Gigawatts

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Jackets are in a tough spot. They're a playoff bubble team but Panarin and Bob are gone this off season. Do they trade them? They could end up losing both players for nothing and also narrowly missing the playoffs.
Trade them and let the chips fall where they may. Let's face it, Panarin is their star player and losing him is going to set them back no matter how you slice it. They are going to have to fill that void and they can get some quality roster players and picks for a guy like that. It would be foolish of them to roll the dice and ultimately let him walk.

Bobs i am not so sure about. Trade him, but i don't know what the goalie market looks like right now.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
It would suck short term but I think they should trade them. They really are in a crappy situation.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012

I take the one honest statement over a glaring hole in center depth after Eichel.
If coaching and management cant deal with one guy and make a hasted bad value trade hell I take your story to sleep better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad