Around the NHL: 2018-19, Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future

Stories like this, while uplifting, still break my heart. No kid (or person) should have to suffer the slings and arrows of ignorance and hate. I am glad that the community ultimately stood up and supported their teammate and i hope that the organization doesn't let what happened go unpunished or unaddressed. Also, PK is such a stand up guy. From his time in Montreal up to now, he is a quality human being.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20190108_205300.jpg

Me and Isles co-owner John Ledecky. I asked him if he could ensure another game is never played at Barclays ever again after this season and he said it was Bettman's call. Bettman couldn't possibly be stupid enough to block moving every game to the Coliseum could he?

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Did E.Kane really deflect 2 pucks off his skate into the goal tonight? Still wondering what this team would be like if we still had him and RoR.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Pretty good scrap last night

Man that wasn't even close, McQuaid was a punching bag who didn't land anything but a glancing blow or two and spent 5 seconds shaking a pad off while getting the back of his head pummeled.

Reminds of when we got John Scott to make our team tougher and have a fighter and Reaver just took him out in like a punch. I don't see him losing a fight unless it's vs big buff.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Did E.Kane really deflect 2 pucks off his skate into the goal tonight? Still wondering what this team would be like if we still had him and RoR.
I just wonder about one of them, the other one was not working out on the ice and his hockey sense is lacking.

Reactions: Aladyyn

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Man that wasn't even close, McQuaid was a punching bag who didn't land anything but a glancing blow or two and spent 5 seconds shaking a pad off while getting the back of his head pummeled.

Reminds of when we got John Scott to make our team tougher and have a fighter and Reaver just took him out in like a punch. I don't see him losing a fight unless it's vs big buff.
I could be totally wrong, but what I like most about Reaves over his career is he's an even-up guy looking to punish stupidity / intent to injure by others. He's not a first-strike headhunter.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
On a per-game basis, only Johnny Hockey is ahead of Eichel, Monahan is tied, and Tkachuk and Lindholm trail slightly. But, yeah, your point re: envy is well-taken.

Just a very brief snapshot of the offense we are getting this year...

At this time last year, where the average player played 40-45 games, the league had 22 players @ 1.00 PPG. This year, there are 50 players, ROR and Skinner would be 51 and 52 as they have .98 PPG.

Last year: 8 players had 20+ goals at this same time, this year 27 players have 20+ goals so far.

Interesting enough, Kucherov lead the league in scoring then with 59 points and leads this year with 71 points..

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Just purchased a 5 game mini plan for March/April games. Edmonton, Dallas, St Louis, Columbus and Ottawa. Wanted the Toronto game but didn't feel like paying $75 but if I get the money I have the option to add it. Best thing is playoff access.

Reactions: HaNotsri

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
You can be below .500 in the West right now and within 1 win of a Wild Card spot. Colorado and Anaheim combined only have 2 more points in their last 10 than Buffalo. It's a complete shit show and it's either going to result in another terrible trade deadline or the most exciting one in years.

Reactions: Kevbeau
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->