Around the NHL: 2018-19, Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Nice future-telling there.

Why do teams even employ scouts then...

Really? have you seen the talent that kid possesses? The way he reads the game? He’s a special special talent, he’s doing this with a boys body. He’s that good.

He’s probably not a 100 point guy, but’s hes probably a 40 goal 80 point guy in his career.

Last edited:

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014

Ouch. Not really fair with it being an unknown recording but still....

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Ouch. Not really fair with it being an unknown recording but still....

I was just coming to post this.

Yikes! I feel bad for Sens fans.

And Duchene talking about how he hasn’t paid attention in the PK meetings for 3 weeks.... Not the best look for him.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
When you point fingers at the coaches, you're the problem more often than not. We didn't need to see this video to know there's turmoil present for that franchise. We saw all we needed to on Saturday. Buffalo overwhelmed them, but you could see how disengaged the Senators were.

Whether it was legal or not to record, I know one star player who needs to go.

For what it's worth, Uber drivers are allowed to record for their own safety, but that driver crossed the line.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
I find it hard to imagine you can argue a right/expectation of privacy in what is basically a vehicle owned by a 3rd party that's used as a taxi cab. But it can be both slimey of the driver, and stupid of the players to be talking in a taxi.

As a whole, everybody vents about 'work', the interesting thing will be the follow up for the organization, which is already under the gun to say the least.

Reactions: sabrebuild

Dahlin 2 Eichel

Sep 21, 2013
Roaming The Sewers
After seeing how the Ottawa’s players acted, you have to wonder how our players were when we couldn’t even buy a goal or win. It obviously happens and is very toxic to be on a rebuilding team apparently. This makes me think that the culture around the team really had to change. I guarantee that a lot of our players had these type of conversations all the time.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
After seeing how the Ottawa’s players acted, you have to wonder how our players were when we couldn’t even buy a goal or win. It obviously happens and is very toxic to be on a rebuilding team apparently. This makes me think that the culture around the team really had to change. I guarantee that a lot of our players had these type of conversations all the time.

That’s an interesting jump from that to describe the situation with us.

Now imagine if Eichel was involved in those conversations...

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

I'm with Whitney and see this is something of a nothing-burger. Frustrated players expressing frustration with a coach and his lack of...coaching. Sometimes the truth hurts to hear. I don't think they crossed any lines.

Do we think there haven't been any Sabres ripping Bylsma or Phil in cabs or Ubers over the last few years? Come on.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
As you said Zip .. a total nothing burger. But some are gonna act like this is unique. Guys blowing off steam ... verbally.

Yawn ...

sabremike

Dr. K Forever!!!
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
As you said Zip .. a total nothing burger. But some are gonna act like this is unique. Guys blowing off steam ... verbally.

Yawn ...
Of course everyone in just about any job imaginable talks shit about their boss in private. But if their boss catches them in the act there are going to be problems. This is anything but a nothing burger, it is public and toxic. How are any of those player's relationships with those coaches ever going to be the same. I'd also like to note the Uber driver is a total plonker for secretly recording them and putting the video online.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Of course everyone in just about any job imaginable talks **** about their boss in private. But if their boss catches them in the act there are going to be problems. This is anything but a nothing burger, it is public and toxic. How are any of those player's relationships with those coaches ever going to be the same. I'd also like to note the Uber driver is a total plonker for secretly recording them and putting the video online.

Agree the relationships will never be the same.

Uber drivers have every right to record their “cab” for security concerns. I know I would!

However, Agree the Uber driver was a jerk for sharing that.

At the end of the day ... I still agree with zip.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
The face of our franchise was rumored to have said that he won't sign a long term extension unless the coach was fires so this isn't that big of a deal to me.

I'd be extremely pissed too if I was playing for an organization that had continuously embarrassed itself and just got smoked 9-2 the previous game.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
The face of our franchise was rumored to have said that he won't sign a long term extension unless the coach was fires so this isn't that big of a deal to me.

I'd be extremely pissed too if I was playing for an organization that had continuously embarrassed itself and just got smoked 9-2 the previous game.

It was recorded Oct 29 or 30. During their west coast trip. Before our 9-2 game.

Reactions: darcyRegier

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
It was recorded Oct 29 or 30. During their west coast trip. Before our 9-2 game.

Still though, those guys are working for the current joke of the NHL. I can see why there would be frustration throughout the organization.

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
If some PR guy that is the face of their company got caught doing this then they'd be fired instantly. Like it or not, Hockey players are paid in part to be public figure. The everybody else is doing it excuse sounds like elementary school students.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009

I'm with Whitney and see this is something of a nothing-burger. Frustrated players expressing frustration with a coach and his lack of...coaching. Sometimes the truth hurts to hear. I don't think they crossed any lines.

Do we think there haven't been any Sabres ripping Bylsma or Phil in cabs or Ubers over the last few years? Come on.

Whitney's meltdown matches the tenor of the response lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->