Around the NHL: 2018-19, Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I feel the same about people who live in Buffalo.

I have been all over this country.
I’ve lived in a couple different places in the south, 2 different places on the west coast, in NYC and WNY. And I have visited 18 states, as well as numerous places in Canada (some I spent more time in than others). I used to travel a lot, and still do to some extent.

IMO buffalo has some of the best food out of anywhere I’ve ever been. It is one of the things I missed the most about WNY whenever I’ve been gone for longer periods of time.

Don’t get me wrong, lots of places have good food. But buffalo is right near the top of the list IMO.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Elias Petterson is something special. It’s hard to believe that Casey Mittelstadt was seen as a better prospect then him by many in the industry only half a year ago, I couldn’t imagine having a rookie player on the sabres doing what he is doing in Vancouver. He’s a lock for the Calder.

I remember the Tolvanen vs Mittelstadt vs Pettersson threads lol.

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Just think Hischier, Patrick, Heiskanen and Makar ALL went before Pettersson. Crazy he’s not just better then those four, he’s two, three or maybe four tiers above those guys. Vancouver is really drafting well, I’m sure they hit a grand slam with Quinn Hughes too.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Just think Hischier, Patrick, Heiskanen and Makar ALL went before Pettersson. Crazy he’s not just better then those four, he’s two, three or maybe four tiers above those guys. Vancouver is really drafting well, I’m sure they hit a grand slam with Quinn Hughes too.

Yet they drafted Virtanan over Nylander/Ehlers and Juolevi over Tkachuk/ Keller/Serg/Mcavoy.

Boeser was an incredible pick at 22 but Pettersson was a consensus top 5 pick and they needed a center badly.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Makar and Heiskanen are going to be 2 of the best defensemen in the league for many years to come. Pettersson is great but Patrick is the only player he will be three or four tiers above.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I know it’s a long season and all but man the Blues look bad. Outshot 45-16 today at home. Lost 5-1. It’ll be interesting to see where that pick lands and if we even get it this year.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I know it’s a long season and all but man the Blues look bad. Outshot 45-16 today at home. Lost 5-1. It’ll be interesting to see where that pick lands and if we even get it this year.

Mind you, I haven't watched one second of Blues hockey this year.

But I wonder if the forwards need time to gel? That and I guess Allen has been terribad.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
And we know all too well about bad goaltending being a significant part of deflating a team. Hopefully they can find better chemistry to overcome it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Mind you, I haven't watched one second of Blues hockey this year.

But I wonder if the forwards need time to gel? That and I guess Allen has been terribad.

They're inconsistent from game to game. They looked good the other night against Vegas, and then have a stinker tonight. Yeo is a bad coach. I suspect STL will be one of those teams that spikes after a coaching change, provided of course that their goaltenders figure out how to stop some pucks.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Watched the condensed game of Blues v Wild yesterday. It was ugly. Blues were down most of it, and had 16 shots. Jay Bouwmeester is done.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Elias Petterson is something special. It’s hard to believe that Casey Mittelstadt was seen as a better prospect then him by many in the industry only half a year ago, I couldn’t imagine having a rookie player on the sabres doing what he is doing in Vancouver. He’s a lock for the Calder.

I remember the Tolvanen vs Mittelstadt vs Pettersson threads lol.

Pronman is the only one I can think of that had Casey ahead of Pettersson and he often has some unconventional rankings.

I like Casey but after the season Pettersson had in the SHL it was pretty clear he was ahead.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
Relax a little bit about the hype though. He's only just starting out. There has been tons of young stars that started off well only to flame out fast.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Watched the condensed game of Blues v Wild yesterday. It was ugly. Blues were down most of it, and had 16 shots. Jay Bouwmeester is done.

Long term, I’m very happy Botterill moved ROR. It’s kinda sad how ROR thought he’d have a chance for a cup there but that team is actually pretty bad. With one or two years Buffalo is going to be better then St.Louis.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Long term, I’m very happy Botterill moved ROR. It’s kinda sad how ROR thought he’d have a chance for a cup there but that team is actually pretty bad. With one or two years Buffalo is going to be better then St.Louis.

The way the Blues' season is going, Buffalo might be better now. Their goaltending is atrocious. They've got plenty of talent on their roster at other positions, and some good prospects to boot, but I can't see them going anywhere with Allen as their starter.

Reactions: Reddawg

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Leafs and it is not even close
I remember being so scared of Dermott, Kapanen etc. before I caught onto this. "How is everything going so right for these guys??" Then I watched their players for a couple years and realized that they just have normal prospects like everyone else, and the oversaturation and exaggeration from them is what gave me the view I had.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->