NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Flipped on the Detroit Montreal game. Detroit scored to get within one, and I swear you could hear the PA guy's voice echo in that building

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Someone is going to have to explain this one to me.

Flyers down to Caps, they pulled the goalie with a couple of minutes to go. Tom Wilson picks up the puck and as he skates into the Flyers zone, he is hooked by Ghostisbiere. The penalty is delayed and Wilson scores. The Flyers challenge the play and Wilson was offsides.

Here is the weird part...the refs still called the penalty on Ghost even though he hooked Wilson AFTER he was in the zone. If the play had been called offside correctly to begin with, there would have been no penalty.

To call the penalty seems wrong to me.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary

Flyers down to Caps, they pulled the goalie with a couple of minutes to go. Tom Wilson picks up the puck and as he skates into the Flyers zone, he is hooked by Ghostisbiere. The penalty is delayed and Wilson scores. The Flyers challenge the play and Wilson was offsides.

Here is the weird part...the refs still called the penalty on Ghost even though he hooked Wilson AFTER he was in the zone. If the play had been called offside correctly to begin with, there would have been no penalty.

Why blow offsides at all these days?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Lucic/Reaves would be fun, Chara would probably fall 2 seconds in.

Reaves is a ****ing monster. McQuaid did well, but Reaves took over big time at the end.

One of the few guys who has done well against reeves in the past is Peluso but he's pretty much buried in the minors at this point.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
One of the few guys who has done well against reeves in the past is Peluso but he's pretty much buried in the minors at this point.
Yep, Peluso and McGrattan come to mind. Reaves is an absolute animal in this league. Not too many guys want to dance with him, that’s for sure.

17of26

Sep 9, 2008

This scenario is actually explicitly called out in the rules (see bolded below):

78.7 Coach’s Challenge – The video review mechanism triggered by the Coach’s Challenge is intended to be extremely narrow in scope and the original call on the ice is to be overturned if, and only if, a determination is made that the original call on the ice was not correct. If a review is not conclusive and/or there is any doubt whatsoever as to whether the call on the ice was correct, the original call on the ice will be confirmed. NOTE: Only one Coach’s Challenge per team per stoppage will be permitted.

A team may only request a Coach’s Challenge to review the following scenarios:
(i) “Off-side” Play Leading to a Goal – A play that results in a “GOAL” call on the ice where the defending team asserts that the play should have been stopped by reason of an “Off-side” infraction by the attacking team.

(a) The standard for overturning the call in the event of a “GOAL” call on the ice is that the NHL Situation Room, after reviewing any and all available replays and consulting with the Linesman, determines that one or more Players on the attacking team preceded the puck into the attacking zone prior to the goal being scored and that, as a result, the play should have been stopped for an “Off-side” infraction; where this standard is met, the goal will be disallowed.

(b) If the result of the challenge is that the play was “On-side”, the goal shall count and the team that issued the challenge shall be assessed a minor penalty for delaying the game.

(c) In the event a goal is reversed due to the NHL Situation Room (after consulting with the Linesman) determining that the play was “Off-side” prior to the goal being scored, the clock (including penalty time clocks, if applicable) will be re-set to the time at which the play should have been stopped for the “Off-side” infraction.

NOTE 1: Goals will only be reviewed for a potential “Off-side” infraction if: (a) the puck does not come out of the attacking zone again; or (b) all members of the attacking team do not clear the attacking zone again, between the time of the “Off-side” play and the time the goal is scored.

NOTE 2: If one or more penalties (major or minor) are assessed between the time of the “Off-side” play and the video review that disallows the apparent goal, the offending team(s) (and responsible Player(s)) will still be required to serve the penalty(ies) identified and assessed, and the time of the penalty(ies) will be recorded as the time at which the play should have been stopped for the “Off-side” infraction.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Lucic/Reaves would be fun, Chara would probably fall 2 seconds in.

Reaves is a ****ing monster. McQuaid did well, but Reaves took over big time at the end.

yup. McQuaid cost himself trying to shake the elbow pad. it wouldn't come off and that opened it up for Reaves to end it

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
yup. McQuaid cost himself trying to shake the elbow pad. it wouldn't come off and that opened it up for Reaves to end it
it says a lot about how tough McQuaid is that they were basically going punch for punch up to that point AND that McQuaid walked away like it was nothing after getting hammered at the end.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
The absolute Beast ever!.

“So far, the good Lord has kept me on this earth for 92 years, which I am very pleased about," Schmidt said. "I have often said this: As far as Bobby Orr is concerned, if someone better than he comes along, I hope the good Lord keeps me on this earth to see him. So far, I haven’t met that man. He’s the best -- ever. He always will be as long as I’m on this earth.”

Its a shame the league hasn't retired his number.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
The Devils gave up 5 unanswered last night to Buffalo en-route to a 5-1 loss. Saw it was 1-0 devils when I checked.

Hoped for some separation from the Sabers.

WTF happened to that team this year?? What a flop they have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad