NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Leafs without Andersen are dead in the water, at least we have 2 good goalies who can both be #1 if one went down.

Reactions: BMC

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
The last 2 goals Nashville exploited Leafs defence hard .Ex Bruin Irwin played some game.He shutdown Marner and Tavares a few times hard.Its a final

its a mystery how Irwin looked like such a pile of low quality 3rd world garbage for us

most the garbage dmen we had here in the past decade... stayed garbage as we farmed them out. but props to Irwin. dude belongs in the nhl and seems a pretty decent bottom pair guy

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
its a mystery how Irwin looked like such a pile of low quality 3rd world garbage for us

most the garbage dmen we had here in the past decade... stayed garbage as we farmed them out. but props to Irwin. dude belongs in the nhl and seems a pretty decent bottom pair guy

Hearing a rumor by posters on bleacher report that Kevin DuPont was booted out of the media room today.Was he not the one who broke the McAvoy tardiness earlier?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Hearing a rumor by posters on bleacher report that Kevin DuPont was booted out of the media room today.Was he not the one who broke the McAvoy tardiness earlier?

im not up to date on any of that... its certainly not the first time a team might kick out a reporter or deny access if they didn't like the reporting being done

seems I remember the days of Harold ballard in Toronto... have the citys media was banned from the gardens

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
im not up to date on any of that... its certainly not the first time a team might kick out a reporter or deny access if they didn't like the reporting being done

seems I remember the days of Harold ballard in Toronto... have the citys media was banned from the gardens

Ole Harold..Man he was a case.Loved the Russians:sarcasm: Probably why Don Cherry always talks fondly of him :D

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
my favorite pet peeve slapped me in the face 3 times today... ive been watching leafs lunch, hockey central, the evening shows... I fell behind a couple days so watching Friday and Monday shows...

and the topic of Norris front runner came up and up and up

and these talking heads want to appear smart and relevant so they toss out the garbage I hate to hear

well you got to include letang in the talk they say... burns... Giordano... reilly…

do these guys even watch the dmen play or do they get the stats list and just read whoever the top 4 scorers are?

if one of these dmen scores 60 points and finishes top 5 in scoring im sure they will get support for the Norris but if they only score 50 points and finish 20th in scoring... then what? then what? does that mean they were a worst dman? isn't the whole idea of dmen to play defense? is the difference scoring 50 points and 60 points mean you cant play defense?

and for a guy like letang who ALWAYS sucks on defense... does scoring an extra 10 points suddenly mean it doesn't matter? is reilly actually a better dman this year than last? or is he just riding the coattails of the marner explosion and the Tavares addition. is it easier for the pp dman in Toronto to get points this year?

reilly has 24 points in one 6 game stretch and one 5 game stretch. holy crap. good for him. when the team was rolling he rolled too. im not going to hate him for that but it means he has 21 points in his other 31 games. not chop liver by any stretch. hes a nice player. but he didn't suddenly become the Norris winner just because he had 2 hot streaks where that very good offense helped him pile up a few points

honestly I don't know how I feel about burns. id probably say he would rank in my top 10. hes definitely been a top point producer for several years now

but as far as a guy that brings it both offense and defense... I like guys like hedman… doughty isn't having his best year so he wont make the cut this year... I like what seth jones is doing... a couple of the guys in Nashville would deserve consideration... but head of the class without anyone close is Giordano and hes been maybe the most underrated guy in the nhl for a few years

normally he wouldn't be scoring at this rate and not getting any consideration but he deserves consideration even when hes a 30-40 point guy. he actually made Hamilton look decent as his partner... and the difference he makes in brodie is night and day. Giordano impacts the game all 3 zones almost near bourque levels. and hes like mid 30s now. for all the kiddie fan boys on this forum not all 35 year old players are ready for the trash heap

lidstrom won the Norris at 40. bourque and chelious were top 3 in the award at 40 too.

Giordano is going to hit 40 and be in this class.

still half a season to play but if he stays healthy... and if hedman doesn't get into the race... this needs to be giordanos year for the norris

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

It's not a mystery at all, he played a grand total of 2 games for the Bruins, at the beginning of the season no less when everything is pretty chaotic and wide-open, with a new team/coaches/teammates/system. For a coach and system (Julien) that most D-men have claimed is a bit challenging to adjust to.

I've never seen a player get dragged over the coals for a measly TWO games like folks here have done with Irwin.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I’m pretty sure that it was not Dupont that broke the story? I think it all started with Haggs doing a ripoff of James Corden’s Karaoke in the car bit with Marchand?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Agostino’s late hit on Fehr last night:

He got a 5 for Interference, 5 for Fighting, and a 10 minute misconduct.

Seeler from the Wild went after him and got the trifecta, 2/5/10.

It was way late, but not very nasty. I would be surprised if he gets anything else because he doesn’t play for the Bruins any more.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Agostino’s late hit on Fehr last night:

He got a 5 for Interference, 5 for Fighting, and a 10 minute misconduct.

Seeler from the Wild went after him and got the trifecta, 2/5/10.

It was way late, but not very nasty. I would be surprised if he gets anything else because he doesn’t play for the Bruins any more.

Yeah. A little late.. maybe? And even thats a stretch.

Props to Seeler for responding though.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Yeah. A little late.. maybe? And even thats a stretch.

Props to Seeler for responding though.

Are we watching the same play? I made a sandwich in between Fehr getting rid of the puck and the time Agostino hit him.

Like I said, not nasty, but it was waaaaay late.

Regardless of intent, Fehr caught his head on the boards awkwardly because of the hit and didn’t return to the game.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
About this time every year, rumors start to pop up regarding the top KHL players who could have NHL suitors in a few months. Today, it was reported that Toronto Maple Leafs GM Kyle Dubas is in Russia to scout some of their own players and potentially meet upcoming free agents. One of those pending free agents is Sergei Andronov, who Darren Dreger of TSN reports is a “player of interest” for the Maple Leafs and “several” other NHL clubs. Dreger notes that Andronov could command a salary of somewhere between $1.5-2.0MM next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad