NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 III - Seattle will become 32nd NHL Franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Leafs winning a 1st round series would be a shock to me. They always choke. The spotlight gets to them

All experts have them winning 1 round.Dave Hodge was interviewed last week on Sportsnet said going all the way.Unless they add a stud on backend I say not happening.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
They have a stud on the backend. His name is Morgan Reilly.

I get that Leafs players are over-hyped by the Toronto media and Leafs fans. But if anyone thinks that kid is a stiff, then they’re either just haters, or they haven’t watched him play.

Right now, he’s better than any Dman we have on our roster.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
The Leafs are like a little brother the Bruins have beat on for years. Eventually though the little brother grows up and hits back. Absolutely loaded at forward. 5th is GA per game so far. Top 3 PP. Above average PK. don't like our chances against them at all especially if they have home ice. Pending we even make it of course.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

I get that Leafs players are over-hyped by the Toronto media and Leafs fans. But if anyone thinks that kid is a stiff, then they’re either just haters, or they haven’t watched him play.

Key word "right now", after 20-something regular season games. He was horrible in game 1, and average to decent the rest of the series. He was the least shitty D-man in that series, but that wasn't saying much.

I love sockeye salmon, truly I do.

But as a team name? It's plain goofy. It's Toledo Mud Hens level of goofy.

They had better get some goons. "Sock him in the eye"

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I honestly see Leafs as cup champs this year, provided Matthews stays healthy. He took another big hit near the boards last night.

Hurts to say it but there it is. Well, it doesn’t hurt that much. Sure, their fans can be annoying but they’re a, *gulp*, likable team for the most part

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
I honestly see Leafs as cup champs this year, provided Matthews stays healthy. He took another big hit near the boards last night.

Hurts to say it but there it is. Well, it doesn’t hurt that much. Sure, their fans can be annoying but they’re a, *gulp*, likable team for the most part

I think Tampa will take them out if it gets that far, they are strong everywhere, Leafs D can't hold a candle.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

They don't have the defense to win a Cup.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I hope it's the Lightning if it isn't going to be us, don't want to see Toronto get one, and certainly not this year, maybe after some playoff collapses.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

We got a long way to go yet. December isn't the time to crown a Cup champ, there's a ton of games left and a lot that will happen between now and June

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Their real good no doubt, they can roll out arguable the top 3 lines on a team in hockey but defensively their still pretty ordinary. So unless they go out and acquire a top 4 d-man I don't see them being deep enough and Anderson is going to be burnt-out at his current rate. I believe he's on pace for 72 games.

Then there's the Bruins hex....;)

Reactions: BMC

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Their real good no doubt, they can roll out arguable the top 3 lines on a team in hockey but defensively their still pretty ordinary. So unless they go out and acquire a top 4 d-man I don't see them being deep enough and Anderson is going to be burnt-out at his current rate. I believe he's on pace for 72 games.

Then there's the Bruins hex....;)

I don't see how anybody beats Washington.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I need to ask this question and this is as good a place as any:

Auston Matthews missed the 2015 draft by TWO days. So if he was born two days early, is the consensus here that it would have gone:

1) McDavid
2) Matthews
3) Eichel

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Auston Matthews missed the 2015 draft by TWO days. So if he was born two days early, is the consensus here that it would have gone:

1) McDavid
2) Matthews
3) Eichel

At the time, I think it goes McDavid-Eichel-Matthews

In hindsight I think it goes McDavid-Matthews-Eichel

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

The Maple Leafs have excellent forward depth and maybe the NHL's best top-six forward lineup. Reilly and Andersen are perhaps the leading candidates for the Norris and Vezina, respectively. We can make light of their fans and alleged future cap problems (which I think are overstated), but Toronto has one of the best teams in the League and is a legitimate Stanley Cup contender.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

they`ll be in the conversation, still don`t think they have the size and grit to withstand a full playoff run

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

But Kadri though...

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Golden Knights yanked these, I guess in poor taste, but it's a bit funny:

VkPTDTf.jpg

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Yeah the ignorance here about the leafs makes me wonder what sport they are watching.

Sure they have questions, but who doesn’t

Reactions: Hali33 and Estlin

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

1) McDavid
2) Matthews
3) Eichel

Conspiracy me says it goes:

1) McDavid
2) Eichel
3) Matthews

Bettman would have made sure Matthews ended up on Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad