Around the NHL 2017-2018 Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
If Corey Crawford didn't get injured, Hawks might be leading the league in points, he was phenomenal before his injury. If Forsberg finds any consistency, they may be able to squeak into the playoffs (very very very highly doubt they can). Unfortunately he has Red Wing goalie syndrome: Have two good games in a row, then a fistful of bad ones after that.

I remember thinking the Hawks might be making a mistake with that Corey Crawford contract.
But wow.
Crawford - 16-9-2, .929, 2.27
Forsberg - 7-12-3, .910 2.90
Glass - 3-6-3, .898, 3.31

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Crawford's surprised me, too. And it's not just this season, guy's been consistently good for them.
I've always been a Crawford guy, so many people jumped ship in that Nashville series for Darling. Boy, was I right about that one. Thought Darling would be better than he turned out too, so you get some right some wrong.
I've actually had to stick up for him quite a bit here in Chicago, people are more appreciative of him right now, though.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I've always been a Crawford guy, so many people jumped ship in that Nashville series for Darling. Boy, was I right about that one. Thought Darling would be better than he turned out too, so you get some right some wrong.
I've actually had to stick up for him quite a bit here in Chicago, people are more appreciative of him right now, though.

I always saw Crawford as like their Osgood. Good enough to win with but not necessarily as good as the pieces he's supporting. The guy's put up better numbers year in and year out than I ever expected of him, though.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017

I'll never understand the love for Darling.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I really believe the Florida Panthers could be in the playoff conversation here in a few weeks. I know they have to have a crazy good rest of the way, but as someone that gets their local feeds it is a team that is playing really good hockey lately.

I will be fascinated if they can get the Pens tonight that would be huge for their confidence I would think.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I really believe the Florida Panthers could be in the playoff conversation here in a few weeks. I know they have to have a crazy good rest of the way, but as someone that gets their local feeds it is a team that is playing really good hockey lately.

I will be fascinated if they can get the Pens tonight that would be huge for their confidence I would think.

Yeah, they’ve been underachieving for too long. Barkov is and has been a beast.

Probably not as good of a hockey market as you have where you are, but I was working there when they made the playoffs in 2012, and it was a lot of fun.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Can anyone imagine a blueline with Subban, Josi, and Karlsson? And they have the team salary structure to probably re-sign the guy.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
New Jersey raised 26 to the rafters tonight; was a long ceremony but not too bad considering it wasn't a Red Wing going up. Always been a huge fan of Elias and it was nice to see him have his night. Well deserved.

Reactions: TheMule93

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
That looks like a great return. Work the phones kenny. Trade Tatar you can get a better deal

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
That looks like a great return. Work the phones kenny. Trade Tatar you can get a better deal

Rick Nash has a much better reputation in hockey circles than he does on this board.

I don't think we are going to beat that return even for a signed Tatar. It might help us, I am not sure. I really thought yesterday would have a little more movement. Boston also really wanted Nash's size and defensive acumen which played into the price they gave up in my opinion.

Good news is Tampa needs to respond. Bad news is they might go nuclear and go get McDonagh or Karlsson. I still think Green is the best fit for them and cost, but we will find out.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Rick Nash has a much better reputation in hockey circles than he does on this board.

I don't think we are going to beat that return even for a signed Tatar. It might help us, I am not sure. Boston also really wanted Nash's size and defensive acumen which played into the price they gave up in my opinion.

That’s one of the things that worries me. He has a name

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That Toronto trade seems reasonable. By comparison, holy crap did Boston overpay for Nash.

Bozak seems to be having a decent year (at least on paper), so a little surprise they went for that. But Babs does like his vets.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
That Toronto trade seems reasonable. By comparison, holy crap did Boston overpay for Nash.

Bozak seems to be having a decent year (at least on paper), so a little surprise they went for that. But Babs does like his vets.

I think it is a good move for Toronto. I also don't see them getting past Boston or Tampa as a result of this, so more needs to be done if they want to go deeper in my opinion.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

That's a lot for a guy they have pegged as a 4th line center.

Also, the key thing for that Boston trade was unloading Matt Beleskey.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
this is probably the last chance for the capitals to go all in, i wouldnt be surprised if they made a big move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad