Around the NHL 2017-2018 Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Hoffman, a fifth rounder, Donaghy to San Jose for Boedker, Bergman and a sixth.

If you're a Sens fan that must hurt. Terrible value, this fiance business destroyed him.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
some team is gonna get ryan suter'd by tavares

What do you mean? Ryan Suter has been great in Minnesota.

Or are you just talking about free agency and everyone saying he was going to the Red Wings and then going to Minny last minute?

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
all is quiet on the Tavares front

if he doesn't sign with NYI by midnight he will no longer be able to sign an 8 year deal with them, its hard to imagine him signing tomorrow with NYI for 7 years if he doesn't go for 8 years tonight. Its already so late, im just gonna assume hes moving on from NYI

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
the meltdown going on in the islanders forum is amazing right now
I feel pretty bad for them. Losing your star player, face of the franchise, and probably favorite player for just about all of them must be tough. At least they've had a great month leading up to this.

Reactions: TheMule93

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Shanny getting it done! Got their cheap elite player in Matthews and then go big with Tavares. No idea how they'll manage the defense but VGK and WAS didn't have dominant defenses. Man, that's what a rebuild should look like. Tampa and Toronto both loaded for the foreseeable future. Get in your 'but they haven't won a Cup yet?' comments right now. Impressive.

Reactions: naruto

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Shanny getting it done! Got their cheap elite player in Matthews and then go big with Tavares. No idea how they'll manage the defense but VGK and WAS didn't have dominant defenses. Man, that's what a rebuild should look like. Tampa and Toronto both loaded for the foreseeable future. Get in your 'but they haven't won a Cup yet?' comments right now. Impressive.

Pittsburgh won the cup with Justin Schultz as their #1 D. If you have two elite centers, you can make it work.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
The Red Wings get to face a 1-2 punch of Matthews and Tavares 4 times next year, man is it going to be great watching the Red Wings defend against them!

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Tavares - Marner

They'll probably win many games 6-5, their defence isn't to par with their offence, but it'll be fun to watch.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
pretty low blow by tavares to completely screw the islanders like that. Can't tell me that he didn't have at least some idea before the year started that he may leave for the leafs if the opportunity arose.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
bleh this forum is gonna be so annoying with Tavares going to Toronto,their fans are irritating as it is

time to avoid the main boards for a year or so I guess

Reactions: TheMule93

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Islanders and Tavares are both at fault in my biased opinion.

But, wow. No excuses for Toronto, anymore.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
pretty low blow by tavares to completely screw the islanders like that. Can't tell me that he didn't have at least some idea before the year started that he may leave for the leafs if the opportunity arose.

Pretty low of the Islanders to screw Tavares for the past 8 years

Underpaid and they couldn't take advantage of it

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Islanders and Tavares are both at fault in my biased opinion.

But, wow. No excuses for Toronto, anymore.

How is it Tavares' fault, Doc?

The Islanders have been a dumpsterfire forever, and during his last extension, he signed a beauty of a hometown discount in a league where that doesn't happen anymore. They did a poor job of signing/drafting/trading for a goalie, and other than that offseason where they traded for Boychuk and Leddy, they've done a terrible job of adding to their abysmal blue line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->