Around the NHL 2017-2018 Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Is there a player more underrated than Blake Wheeler?

I think he's rated pretty fairly, a quality top line wing/center

This is his first season of him being at a point per game pace or higher in his career. I don't believe that is enough to change how everybody should view him as a player.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think he's rated pretty fairly, a quality top line wing/center

This is his first season of him being at a point per game pace or higher in his career. I don't believe that is enough to change how everybody should view him as a player.

I think he very rarely gets talked about. He has the 5th most points in the NHL over the last 3 seasons.

Reactions: TheMule93

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
We better prepare for this possibility. It is not at all unlikely

I don't mind Nill by himself, but I do not want him to just pack everyone up that went with him and re-install them back in Detroit. That's my big negative with Nill coming back, we'd probably end up with a reboot of the management staff we had five or six years ago.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't mind Nill by himself, but I do not want him to just pack everyone up that went with him and re-install them back in Detroit. That's my big negative with Nill coming back, we'd probably end up with a reboot of the management staff we had five or six years ago.

Yzerman took a bunch of our guys too. Not nearly as impressed with what Nill took.

I am not totally against Nill. I prefer some other names for sure.

If they do bring back Nill, I will be watching who he surrounds himself with closely.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Yzerman took a bunch of our guys too. Not nearly as impressed with what Nill took.

I am not totally against Nill. I prefer some other names for sure.

If they do bring back Nill, I will be watching who he surrounds himself with closely.

Yeah, Nill and Yzerman going elsewhere and raiding the cupboards as they left is what made Holland push the league for some sort of compensation for losing front office guys, wasn't it? If Nill comes back, I have to believe McDonnell comes with him (where else is he going?). At what point are we happier just keeping Holland?

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
I think he very rarely gets talked about. He has the 5th most points in the NHL over the last 3 seasons.

He (Blake Wheeler) does so much more than points, totally the heart and soul of that team and one of the best leaders in the league. Rookie makes a bone-headed play costing his team a goal or a win - Wheeler's always next to him on the bench, arm around him talking him back up; I could go on and on with rave examples of this guy's leadership and I'd not even have to use that "I" word to do it. He is absolutely one of my favorite non-Red Wings in the league. I agree with Frk it, he's underrated for many reasons, not just his scoring or his skating.

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
barring injuries, McDavid has the next 5+ Art Rosses locked up. This kid is insane. Even on an off year for the oilers he's still at the top of the league in points.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
barring injuries, McDavid has the next 5+ Art Rosses locked up. This kid is insane. Even on an off year for the oilers he's still at the top of the league in points.

The "kid" is a monster. You simply can't game plan around him. Assuming the Oilers get better than league average goal tending next season, they are gonna back on track for another deep playoff run.

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
It looks like Babcock and the Leafs might get Tampa in the first round. Ouch.:D

With the way the Lightning have been playing, maybe that's not such a bad thing for the leafs

I feel like Boston is the best team in the league. They're so injured right now and they're still winning a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->