Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
What human in their right mind would go willingly from the Rangers to the Islanders?
No way he would leave the Rangers it was just one of those crazy thoughts that crossed my mind since the islanders goaltending is garbage and they have seen what he has done with the Rangers

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Everything goalie they touch turns to horse****. Berube was supposed to be their guy after they were ambivilent on Greiss and waived Halak and sent him to the minors. Now Gibson is starting games for them and getting blown out with 5 goals on 12 shots. They've had Chad Johnson, Michal Neuvrith, Anders Nilsson, and forcing Nabokov to play for them plus forcing Visnovsky to play for them too. what a franchise.
They could be philly and trade bob

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
It'll be hilarious if we end up like 14th in the reverse standings, then everyone spends two weeks bitching about it only for us to win the lottery and end up picking top-3.

Intentionally losing is bad karma IMO. Look at Buffalo. They essentially purposefully built a bad roster for McDavid and got the red headed (literally) stepchild in Eichel.

Reactions: TheTakedown

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Out of town scoreboard has been brutal the last two weeks. No help. Classic NYR. And classic NYI LOL.

At least Florida won I guess...
The most frustrating part is the teams that were double digit points behind us are playing well now (edmonton, Arizona, ottawa and even buffalo to an extent). These teams never had a chance of catching us. On the other hand, the teams like the hawks, wings and canadiens that had a decent chance to catch us have been playing like pure shit. Its like a f***ing tease. I mean the Wings have lost 7 in a row since they beat us in overtime on feb 25

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think what’s interesting is whether some guys feel just motivated or scared enough to play some of the best hockey of their careers, only to revert back after it’s too late to either make the playoffs or get a higher pick.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
It'll be hilarious if we end up like 14th in the reverse standings, then everyone spends two weeks *****ing about it only for us to win the lottery and end up picking top-3.

Intentionally losing is bad karma IMO. Look at Buffalo. They essentially purposefully built a bad roster for McDavid and got the red headed (literally) stepchild in Eichel.
That would be the ultimate karma for all the crap NYR fans had to endure from the NHL.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I think what’s interesting is whether some guys feel just motivated or scared enough to play some of the best hockey of their careers, only to revert back after it’s too late to either make the playoffs or get a higher pick.
This is a bigger indictment of AV. How are they NOW motivated when their contract is on the line but all season it's meh ... w/e?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
by the time we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs it will be too late to drop back to the 7/8/9 spot

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I don't see how the past couple weeks is a point for or against the coach

the entire defense is different, Kreider was hurt and now is back, Zib has had more time to recover from injury

What player has picked up his play recently? Maybe Zucc..

Reactions: bl02

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I don't see how the past couple weeks is a point for or against the coach

the entire defense is different, Kreider was hurt and now is back, Zib has had more time to recover from injury

What player has picked up his play recently? Maybe Zucc..
Zib, Buch, Zucc and Hayes have all played better since the JG statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->