Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Miller with the hat trick, almost had a fourth. 5 goals, 4 assists in 7 games for him?

Miller is almost tailor made for Stamkos and Kucherov. He does have good skill--good size and good strength. I'm not surprised at all--you put a good player who can play something of a power forward game with two great players and he starts looking like a great player too....and if they win a championship his game will probably grow from that too. He's not been a player that could drive his line with us consistently but he doesn't have to be here. He can make smart seeing eye passes--as a playmaker he can find seams. He can work the walls. He also has the capability of going to the net and scoring goals and Stamkos and Kucherov make the players they play with better--they know what they need from him and they'll lead him there.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Can Canes do us a favor and win a few games? Pretty soon we will be passing them.
Nice games from Montreal and ottawa. Didn't get to watch but obviously they showed up.
And whats going on with dallas. Maybe they should have picked up a nash or zucc. they might blow the playoffs.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Oilers tanking tonight as well so it seems down by 1-0 vs Flames.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
It's what killed the Islanders this year too. You don't win without goaltending.

Carolina looked to be out if it, and then put a big run together a la the Flyers; where I really thought they were going to cost either the Jackets or the Debbies a Play-Off place, but they have fallen off a cliff.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
They've been trying. Mike Smith has played great though. Edm could be up by 3 or 4.
Agree they did try. Man they are stuck with Lucic for a while huh?!
Would have liked a three point game out of that game. oh well.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Agree they did try. Man they are stuck with Lucic for a while huh?!
Would have liked a three point game out of that game. oh well.

An Oilers win would have been the icing on the cake tonight, but I'll take two points for Ottawa against Tampa and that's a big result for us with the Habs gaining two points. It may be unlikely they both pass us (here's hoping) but I'd like to think at least one of them will be able to do so by the end of the season.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Chicago plays WPG (L), BUF (W), STL (W), COL (L), VAN (W), NYI (W), SJ (L), WPG (L), COL (L)

I don't know if we can do worse than Chicago down the stretch.

It is kinda hard to be terrible at hockey. I mean like REALLY terrible. Like losing 15 of 20 game stretches multiple times and all that stuff.

Go figure :laugh:

Reactions: GregSirico

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
And whats going on with dallas. Maybe they should have picked up a nash or zucc. they might blow the playoffs.

As much as I hate on Hanzal, losing him is a huge blow to their depth. They're very top heavy. They should have known better than to give that much money and that big a role to a guy who can't stay healthy.

Reminds me of the Rangers in 1991. Kissio had a charley horse injury down the stretch and they traded Kevin Miller to Detroit. They became a one line team and got knocked out in the first round.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Good night for #TeamTank. Would have been better to have that Oilers-Flames game go to OT but it's important the Flames make the playoffs because those doofuses gave the Islanders their first rounder. Smith back is huge, he may single handedly get them in.

As for the Rangers and teams catching them: well the ugly part of their final schedule starts now. No reason that the Blackhawks/Oilers/Canadians/Red Wings can't leap frog them. Next four games have the potential to be brutal.

I personally wouldn't bring up Anderson until next weekend vs. Buffalo. Much easier matchup at home than on the road vs. Philly.

Chytil @ Carolina seems like the logical time to bring him up a week later.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Miller with 5-4-9 in 7 games with Tampa now. 49 points overall with 12 games to go. 12 games to go--he could hit 60-65 points if he plays every game. He could be an 80+ point player next season playing with Stamkos and Kucherov. Just saying. Not saying Namestnikov sucks or that he's not better than Miller in some pretty important ways but even so.....prepare yourselves. I expect we're going to be hearing this all next year.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Miller with 5-4-9 in 7 games with Tampa now. 49 points overall with 12 games to go. 12 games to go--he could hit 60-65 points if he plays every game. He could be an 80+ point player next season playing with Stamkos and Kucherov. Just saying. Not saying Namestnikov sucks or that he's not better than Miller in some pretty important ways but even so.....prepare yourselves. I expect we're going to be hearing this all next year.

If it happens I will be mentioning it every other day, that's for sure. Obviously consistency has always been an issue with Miller so we will see.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
He was never going to do that with us. I would have preferred to trade him in a separate deal for picks similar to what Tatar returned. We definitely sold low.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
He was never going to do that with us. I would have preferred to trade him in a separate deal for picks similar to what Tatar returned. We definitely sold low.

Still a 50 pt player with the NYR. Which is not exactly something the NYR have been able to find on draft day with regularity. In my lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad