Around the NHL - 2014-2015 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
What the almighty **** :laugh:

Whether or not Horton ever sees the ice again is irrelevant - Nonis somehow pulled off a complete mulligan on one of the worst contracts of the past 10 years. They can just put Horton on LITR and suddenly their cap situation is much improved. It's like Howson is back in the Columbus front office lol.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Whether or not Horton ever sees the ice again is irrelevant - Nonis somehow pulled off a mulligan on one of the worst contracts of the past 10 years. They can just put Horton on LITR and suddenly their cap situation is much improved. It's like Howson is back in the Columbus front office lol.
Columbus fans are absolutely furious. How the hell did Nonis pull this off? Jarmo must be drunk as hell right now. Someone tell Donny to get on the phone :laugh:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Some of the tweets said that Horton wasn't insured. So they were paying him to do nothing.

Yep. May as well get a player. Clarkson is a good guy on and off the ice, so there's that. Might not be totally useless on a well coached team.

Insurance should be mandatory on all multiyear contracts.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Oh man, what a dumb move for CBJ not to ensure that contract, with Horton fresh off shoulder surgery when he signed it.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
It's simple:
Ah, well that explains everything. Still, ****ing awful contract to take on for Columbus and it's not like Clarkson is actually good. They'll be hoping he can somehow turn it around.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Ah, well that explains everything. Still, ****ing awful contract to take on for Columbus and it's not like Clarkson is actually good. They'll be hoping he can somehow turn it around.

He is an above average bottom six player in the proper environment. It's an astute move by Jarmo, especially if ownership asked him to do it.

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
Wow. I'd still argue Clarkson is a big enough liability that they'd be better off paying Horton for nothing. :laugh:

Leafs really came through big.

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
I don't know much about either player, is this meaningful for the Leafs tank?

Not really. Horton likely won't ever play again, definitely not this year. Clarkson wasn't exactly a good player for the leafs... I think they are actually better off without him.

When I watch Leaf games I see Clarkson the same as I see David Moss for us. Except Clarkson takes a ton of dumb penalties and makes Shane Doan money. I'm shocked the leafs were able to offload him, great move for them.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
When I watch Leaf games I see Clarkson the same as I see David Moss for us. Except Clarkson takes a ton of dumb penalties and makes Shane Doan money. I'm shocked the leafs were able to offload him, great move for them.

Give me hope that some team would be dumb enough to want Smith, like San Jose.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Leafs fans loving Nonis for moving the worst contract in the league. Do they not realize who gave Clarkson the contract in the first place?

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
If we take back a bad contract then maybe someone will take Smith. I just hope the contract isn't too bad. Mike Richards?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I doubt the Coyotes could afford to do a deal that brings back a similarly back contact. That would be only compounding a bad situation. Just accept paying Smith too much while hoping he improves.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Next time someone says that it'd be a miracle if the Coyotes stay in the desert, I'll respond, "Dave Nonis traded David Clarkson less than a year after signing the worst contract in hockey history. If that can happen, anything is possible."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->