Around the NHL | 2013 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Looks like Lupul might get a suspension. Shoulder to the head on a player that didn't have the puck coming east to west.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
i still remember when i called kadri a "spezza lite" and leafs fans jumped on me for insulting him.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
Kadri is a very good player, I never doubted him. The problem with him doing so well is that some Leafs fans will immediately start proclaiming him as better than Karlsson and Spezza and that he looks good for 90 next year etc. I wish more Leaf fans would temper there expectations.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
was it bad?

also Kadri with 3 points tonight.

Didn't look malicious and I don't think the player is injured which might factor in. Not sure that there will be any supplemental discipline or if they'll rule it as incidental contact.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Didn't look malicious and I don't think the player is injured which might factor in. Not sure that there will be any supplemental discipline or if they'll rule it as incidental contact.

primary point of contact was the head and ALL THE NHL EXECS AND GMS WERE IN THE BUILDING WATCHING. Dont underestimate the consequences of that second part, after a day of meetings where i'm certain hits to the head were discussed once again.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
primary point of contact was the head and ALL THE NHL EXECS AND GMS WERE IN THE BUILDING WATCHING. Dont underestimate the consequences of that second part, after a day of meetings where i'm certain hits to the head were discussed once again.

Just saying I'm not sure because there hasn't been any further talk about it and suspensions/fines have been very inconsistent.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
The fact that Hedman wasn't badly hurt on the play is the only thing keeping Lupul from getting a massive suspension.

1. Late
2. Principle point of contact is the head
3. Launched upward

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm not saying he won't get a suspension...in fact the first thing I said about it is that he might. I am just pointing out that the rulings are inconsistent.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
was it bad?

also Kadri with 3 points tonight.

Picked him up in my fantasy league last week.

tumblr_lgqwsbEa891qfjmnk.gif

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I'm not saying he won't get a suspension...in fact the first thing I said about it is that he might. I am just pointing out that the rulings are inconsistent.
They aren't that inconsistent as long as you look at suspensions in two parts.

# of games for a bad hit (1d3)

+

# of games extra for injury (2d3)

(and then extra for repeat offenders, but that number is pretty inconsistent)

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Picked him up in my fantasy league last week.

tumblr_lgqwsbEa891qfjmnk.gif

:laugh:

kid has some skill. still like Cowen more though :)

was at a jays game last year and the 2 guys behind me couldn't believe i thought he was gonna be ok and that he could still develop into something.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
:laugh:

kid has some skill. still like Cowen more though :)

was at a jays game last year and the 2 guys behind me couldn't believe i thought he was gonna be ok and that he could still develop into something.

Yeah Kadri has looked pretty good from what I've seen, but like you I'm content with Cowen.

If we drafted Kadri, I wonder if we would still have Rundblad. :laugh:

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Kadri is a very good player, I never doubted him. The problem with him doing so well is that some Leafs fans will immediately start proclaiming him as better than Karlsson and Spezza and that he looks good for 90 next year etc. I wish more Leaf fans would temper there expectations.

Aren't some proclaiming him to be the second coming of Gilmour? Yeesh.

Granted some of us are placing Alfredsson expectations on Silfverberg, soooo...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Aren't some proclaiming him to be the second coming of Gilmour? Yeesh.

Granted some of us are placing Alfredsson expectations on Silfverberg, soooo...

Nobody is saying that he is the next Alfredsson, just that he is better at the same age and has potential to be as good or better. That doesn't mean he ever will be or we expect him to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->