Around the NHL | 2013 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Prospal's GWG tonight was sweet. Great to see Columbus pick up another win, a comeback, too!

Hickey's OT goal was also an awesome passing play!

...And I just saw the pass that Semin made to Tlusty for the Canes first goal tonight. That was insane! One of the best passes I've ever seen. Was hoping we would sign Semin in the offseason. We're doing fine without him but he would be nice to have. He's been great for Carolina.

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Can't believe JVR has 11 goals. I always saw the potential but the fact that he's doing it for the Leafs is mind bottling.

Can I admit that I kind of want the Leafs to make the playoffs? (providing Ottawa makes it too) Its just time for the Ottawa-Toronto rivalry to resume in the post season.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Can't believe JVR has 11 goals. I always saw the potential but the fact that he's doing it for the Leafs is mind bottling.

Can I admit that I kind of want the Leafs to make the playoffs? (providing Ottawa makes it too) Its just time for the Ottawa-Toronto rivalry to resume in the post season.

I don't think this post-season is the one I want the rivalry to resume in.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Agree. Baby steps though. Neither of our teams will make it past round 1.

Anyone watching the Stars-Canucks game? Vancouver's PP to end the game was unreal. Just killed a two full minutes with puck possession. As much as I hate them, this could be their year.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Can't believe JVR has 11 goals. I always saw the potential but the fact that he's doing it for the Leafs is mind boggling.

Fixed

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

tumblr_lekqok952v1qbbpaoo1_500.jpg

No, he had it right the first time.

... No one knows what it means, but it's provocative. It gets the people going!

costermonger

sans classe
Nov 4, 2007
Kitchener, Ont

Randy Carlyle is like 10 times the coach Ron Wilson is. I don't think they're really a better team on paper than they were last year, but they're a far better team on the ice. Could get interesting again over the next few years.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Going from Wilson to Carlyle was like us going from Clouston to McLean. A great coach can make a gigantic impact as we've seen with the Paulrus. Carlyle is one of the best coaches in the game. He's was the perfect hire by Burke. Probably his best move as Leafs GM.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Kessel is becoming an impressive playmaker. Scary for a guy with that shot. I'm think we haven't felt the peak of Phil Kessel. We'll feel it alright. We'll feel. it.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Wow. Weird that i thought it was a dirty hit on Hall from Cluts before seeing the vid?

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm

Actually, this IS the season I want to face the leafs in the playoffs, so our AHL team can beat their NHL team, ... some sweet justice after what they did to us in the playoffs.

If the sens, despite their injuries, make the playoffs (and I believe they can), the pressure will be ENTIRELY on our opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad