Around the NHL 2013-2014 Part III: Kings are the Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
You have to wonder after watching Subban and Montreal go back and forth now twice in negotiations if he is leaving at some point. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense that they cannot get on the same page especially this time around.

Pretty sure Subban has made it known he wants to stick around Montreal on a monster contract. I think they do their song and dance over negotiations, then eventually, like Weber, he ends up on a huge contract because the team would never recover from losing him.

Montreal has cap space and actual money to burn. I can't imagine this doesn't get done. He's probably pushing for 8 years with a NTC. Which Montreal should totally do, he'll only be 33 when that expires, which just happens to be the age of the Wing's best defender.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Pretty sure Subban has made it known he wants to stick around Montreal on a monster contract. I think they do their song and dance over negotiations, then eventually, like Weber, he ends up on a huge contract because the team would never recover from losing him.

Montreal has cap space and actual money to burn. I can't imagine this doesn't get done. He's probably pushing for 8 years with a NTC. Which Montreal should totally do, he'll only be 33 when that expires, which just happens to be the age of the Wing's best defender.

The only reason Weber got that deal signed, though, was that someone else gave it to him. I wouldn't be surprised a bit if Subban gets tired of the song and dance of these contract negotiations and ends up testing the market.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The only reason Weber got that deal signed, though, was that someone else gave it to him. I wouldn't be surprised a bit if Subban gets tired of the song and dance of these contract negotiations and ends up testing the market.

Was what I was trying to say. PK is an interesting guy, if he is frustrated with this he might see it as an opportunity to get everything he wants and after years of pounding his head against the wall with Montreal in contract talks if he gets close to UFA he is going to like how he is treated and it might be something he holds against Montreal. That seems to be pushing this to the point of anger or distrust in the organization entering the picture.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The only reason Weber got that deal signed, though, was that someone else gave it to him.

A little different. Weber was forcing Nashville's hand before the lifetime contracts with big up front bonuses disappeared.

Ultimately Montreal, like Nashville, is going to cave and shell out all the money. Subban also seems to like the team and despite the critiques you hear about his character, he's said nothing but good things about his team... at least that I can find. Every quote from him about Montreal is him wanting to be there for his whole career and that he thinks they can win a Cup.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 42 min
My thoughts are with OTT GM Bryan Murray, who has recently been diagnosed with cancer. Bryan is one of the really good men in this game.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Peter Raaymakers ‏@rymkrs 5 t
Spezza really talking up the "committed to winning" angle, referring specifically to Nill's ownership group. Very telling. #Sens

The 6th Sens ‏@6thSens 5 t
Took Senators years to find Spezza a decent RW to play with. Took the Dallas Stars a few minutes after the Spezza trade went down.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Speaking of, has anybody seen Jarnkrok's weight on the Nashville roster? Holy crap. They've got him at 156. http://predators.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

I have to think they're not just making stuff up, because there would be no reason to guesstimate so low. and it's unlikely that they stole it from anywhere else, because I've never seen him listed that low. What makes it even weirder is he's listed at 188 on his AHL page.

If he's truly that light, it might have been a reason why the Wings didn't want him anymore. Maybe they didn't think he could gain the weight to be a consistent NHLer.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Speaking of, has anybody seen Jarnkrok's weight on the Nashville roster? Holy crap. They've got him at 156. http://predators.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

I have to think they're not just making stuff up, because there would be no reason to guesstimate so low. and it's unlikely that they stole it from anywhere else, because I've never seen him listed that low. What makes it even weirder is he's listed at 188 on his AHL page.

If he's truly that light, it might have been a reason why the Wings didn't want him anymore. Maybe they didn't think he could gain the weight to be a consistent NHLer.

I have to figure there's no way he's 156 pounds.

Just looked through the RWC vault, he was 5'11 and 156 lbs when drafted. There's no way he hasn't gained a lb in 4 years.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada

That doesn't sound right at all. For a 22 year old athlete you would have to purposely be be doing something to be that light

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Jay Zawaski @JayZawaski670 · 11 t
. @thekapman reporting Kane / Toews cap hits will be around $10.8. Reasonable. I was hoping for $10.5 ish.

that's gonna hurt their depth a bit. wonder if they really go for it next year or save the assets so they can build up the depth sooner and better as they have to unload some good player(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad