Around The NHL #2 - Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Oof.... can’t repost the tweet due to site rules but Stars ownership called out Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn for playing like “<bleeping> horse <bleep>”

:biglaugh:

Article in the Athletic, nice to see someone in power actually call out poor performance.

The difference is Dallas expectations are so much higher than ours. I love it when coaches call out these coddled babies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I see no harm in calling out players. If these millionaires can handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. Us fans pay a lot of money for these babies and I want to see them perform.
Plus they are in the entertainment business and this kind of stuff is entertaining.

Reactions: RemoAZ and Jakey53

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Yeah right, if DT did this you and others would be calling out DT for doing this. I think Torts called him out as last resort. Duclair has little to no grey matter between the ears. To bad, I really liked the kid.

That's crap. I'd have loved it if our coaches took more interest in developing the young guys. Trying to motivate them is better than just banishing them to the 4th line/press box with no further development which seems like the path this organization takes with anyone without a "premium" personality. Not everyone is a model citizen that follows direction like a robot.

Reactions: _Del_

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Perhaps our GM could make a comment about one of our prospects and how after awhile waiting for them to develop starts to become "hope".

Apparently the Coyote version of hope is just that, hope. There's no actual effort made to develop players that need development. Have you watched Strome lately? He's not good enough to get a shot above the 4th line here but is looking great centering one of the best forwards in the world and was on the first pp unit last game. 6 goals, 5 assists in 16 games as a second line center getting constant praise from their coaching staff, announcers and fans. He looks better every game or you know, developing.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Well, "hope" now has 11 pts. in 16 games. Waiting and patience in not in Chayka's vocabulary.
Yeah. I've been watching. Strome is a passenger right now. He just happens to be a passenger on a line with Patrick Kane. I wouldn't make the claim that Strome is driving play.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Yeah. I've been watching. Strome is a passenger right now. He just happens to be a passenger on a line with Patrick Kane. I wouldn't make the claim that Strome is driving play.

You are watching a different player than I am. Also different than their coaches, announcers and fans (check their board here).

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No one said he would drive the play on a line with Kane. I would have been nice to see Keller drive the play with Strome a passenger on his line.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
He's able to sign a new deal this summer, we will find out shortly just how great the Blackhawks think he is. My bet is they see him as good on entry level contract and gone if he wants a big raise.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He's able to sign a new deal this summer, we will find out shortly just how great the Blackhawks think he is. My bet is they see him as good on entry level contract and gone if he wants a big raise.
Maybe, but we will have our own problems signing Schmaltz to that 6 - 7 mill. contract that he wants.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
You are watching a different player than I am. Also different than their coaches, announcers and fans (check their board here).
I've been shocked at the commentary. Sometimes people see what they want to see. Strome should be better than he has been. Let's leave it at that.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
No one said he would drive the play on a line with Kane. I would have been nice to see Keller drive the play with Strome a passenger on his line.

During the intermission yesterday, they were interviewing one of the Chicago assistants and they asked him to talk about how well Kane was playing. First thing he said was it was Kane AND Strome and talked about how their chemistry is developing. He talked more about Strome after a question about Kane than we ever heard from our staff.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It would be nice to see glimpses of the playmaker we expected him to be. That way I could at lest have some faith that our OHL scouts are not morons.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I've been shocked at the commentary. Sometimes people see what they want to see. Strome should be better than he has been. Let's leave it at that.

You really don't see any development? He's looked better and better each game and keeps getting more minutes and more opportunities in key situations. I expect some of the team apologists here to deny any positive with him, mostly because they aren't watching but I have a hard time believing you don't see at least some of what their coaches are seeing.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
During the intermission yesterday, they were interviewing one of the Chicago assistants and they asked him to talk about how well Kane was playing. First thing he said was it was Kane AND Strome and talked about how their chemistry is developing. He talked more about Strome after a question about Kane than we ever heard from our staff.

Listen. I like Strome. I had him at 5OV his draft year. unless their is a relapse on the new NHL speed requirements I fear he's never going to come close to expectations.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Maybe, but we will have our own problems signing Schmaltz to that 6 - 7 mill. contract that he wants.
Yeah he can pound sand as nothing in his history or present suggests that as a contract number. It starts with a 4 based on performance or maybe 5 if you believe in potential.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Yeah he can pound sand as nothing in his history or present suggests that as a contract number. It starts with a 4 based on performance or maybe 5 if you believe in potential.

It's a shame. I still hate what we gave up for him but he's a decent player. I think we'll either have to over pay and regret the contract or trade him for futures and be more screwed than we already are. I lean towards our GM over paying him since it was his deal and he'll want to save face.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
You really don't see any development? He's looked better and better each game and keeps getting more minutes and more opportunities in key situations. I expect some of the team apologists here to deny any positive with him, mostly because they aren't watching but I have a hard time believing you don't see at least some of what their coaches are seeing.
I just haven't seen the offensive creativity that made him a top prospect. I'm encouraged he's starting to get some assists but that secondary assist the other night on Kane's goal meant as much to me as Hayton's two point night against Denmark. I'm hoping for him. I pumped his tires for long enough.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I pay him $5.5 - $6 M without concern. You knew his re-sign price when you made the deal. If you weren't prepared to pay it then don't make the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad