Around The NHL #2 - Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Oilers traded Talbot to Philly for Stolarz.
Imagine being crap for years, drafting high most years, having the world's best player, lots of money, sitting near bottom of standings, and having to trade your current starting goalie so you can afford to get one if your better D into lineup because you have F'ed the Cap up so badly.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yup, and we think we have it bad. They have their savoir now in the Gretzky brothers.:sarcasm:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Imagine being crap for years, drafting high most years, having the world's best player, lots of money, sitting near bottom of standings, and having to trade your current starting goalie so you can afford to get one if your better D into lineup because you have F'ed the Cap up so badly.
The owner is the problem but that won't change. he needs to hire a consultant to help select a head of hockey operations. They should then get rid of all current hockey executives to change the culture. This is a culture problem that starts at the top an trickles down. This is the only way.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
That Russo article about the Wild reset is impossible to interpret. They want to make hockey deals (roster players), that save them cap and increase offseason flexibility, without necessarily tanking their playoff chances, and they prefer prospects to picks. How they hell can trades like those be navigated?

To MIN:
Goligoski
Fischer
Crouse
Westerlund

To ARI:
Zucker
Foligno(50%)
Pateryn

Their roster gets a need filled (top four D) and some depth (LW,RW) at the expense of an area of strength (top six W). They get younger and cheaper, and won’t have to wait on draft picks to develop. Gives them more cap to play with in the off-season and shakes up the veteran core quite a bit.

I don’t know. That article is too hard to unpack for me.

Our motivation in such a deal is simply to get Zucker, who’s a bonafide top line caliber scorer. We also get some physical veteran depth in Foligno, who can legitimately beat the shit out of NHL players, and Pateryn, who’s basically as effective as depth, big physical stay at home D can be in this day and age.

We lose Crouse and Fischer who are likely to be good to very good bottom six players and are still young at 21 years old each. Also, Goligoski provided some nice versatility up and down our D pairs, on both sides, as we’ve been decimated by injury.

Last edited:

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
That Russo article about the Wild reset is impossible to interpret. They want to make hockey deals (roster players), that save them cap and increase offseason flexibility, without necessarily tanking their playoff chances, and they prefer prospects to picks. How they hell can trades like those be navigated?

To MIN:
Goligoski
Fischer
Crouse
Westerlund

To ARI:
Zucker
Foligno(50%)
Pateryn

Their roster gets a need filled (top four D) and some depth (LW,RW) at the expense of an area of strength (top six W). They get younger and cheaper, and won’t have to wait on draft picks to develop. Gives them more cap to play with in the off-season and shakes up the veteran core quite a bit.

Our motivation in such a deal is simply to get Zucker, who’s a bonafide top line caliber scorer. We also get some physical veteran depth in Foligno, who can legitimately beat the **** out of NHL players, and Pateryn, who’s basically as effective as depth, big physical stay at home D can be in this day and age.

We lose Crouse and Fischer who are likely to be good to very good bottom six players and are still young at 21 years old each. Also, Goligoski provided some nice versatility up and down our D pairs, on both sides, as we’ve been decimated by injury.
I don't mind this trade offer, I still think Crouse has some serious upside so I'd like to hang on to him.

Maybe we can do

Goligoski + Fischer + Westerlund for Zucker + Pateryn

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

To MIN:
Goligoski
Fischer
Crouse
Westerlund

To ARI:
Zucker
Foligno(50%)
Pateryn

Our motivation in such a deal is simply to get Zucker, who’s a bonafide top line caliber scorer. We also get some physical veteran depth in Foligno, who can legitimately beat the **** out of NHL players, and Pateryn, who’s basically as effective as depth, big physical stay at home D can be in this day and age.

I don't mind this trade offer, I still think Crouse has some serious upside so I'd like to hang on to him.

Maybe we can do

Goligoski + Fischer + Westerlund for Zucker + Pateryn
Very seldom do you see these big trades. Zucker has had only one good year. This deal doesn't really excite me. We are giving up too early on Fischer and Crouse.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I always believed that we should: 1) Never dilute talent in a trade we should only trade one for one or two for 1 in order to conserve or concentrate talent, and 2) Always trade to ameliorate an imbalance of talent. Much like rebalancing a portfolio, we should trade for forwards and give up defense, when we are defensively strong, and visa versa. I'm not one for Domi-Galchenyuk trades as they tend to be an exercise in treading water. There was no concentration of talent, and no improvement in an area of weakness.

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
Rumor has it the Rangers are looking to trade Chris Krieder.

He's 27 and has one more year left at 4.625, and he plays left wing.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
If not the best they are right up there. They played an exceptional game.
They beat us 4-0, then beat Colorado 3-0, and just beat Minnesota 4-0, all on the road. Like I said, I didn't think we played poorly but got run over by a freight train:)

Reactions: doaner

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
So Tampa has the league's best PP at an absurdly high 29.7% which is also 3 points higher than 2nd.

If not for us Tampa would also have the league's best PK :laugh:

Wonder when the last time someone lead both categories was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->