Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Mercy rule in effect in Winnipeg.

200.gif

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Easier to do when your team scores a **** load of goals.

17-4-0 2.95 GAA .906 SV% this season which equals his career numbers.

OTOH....

Darcy Kuemper

11-11-5 2.64 GAA .914 SV%

I would rate TB’s D to be pretty much equal to ours right now.

I’d still rather have Kuemper over Domingue though. Just happy for Louie having some success now.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Not gonna lie i saw the Coyotes tweet about Dougie Hamilton and i freaked. Then i took the time to read. Still pretty cool.

No. 19 Dougie Hamilton
“I wore it when I was 13 or 14 years old. I started liking Shane Doan a lot, and at that time I wanted to be Shane Doan, so I wore it. I always liked the number. I like Steve Yzerman too, but mainly because of Shane Doan.”

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I wonder if Chayka is a fan of Hamilton. We tried to acquire him twice. The first time at the Strome draft, and then when we offered Duclair (plus more?) for Hamilton, it leaked, and Brian Burke blew a gasket. Question is whether that second attempt was led by Chayka or was it led by Tippett, who was still the co-GM/VP Hockey Ops/whatever at the time.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Matthews extended in Toronto. 5 years, approximately $11.6M/year AAV. 93% of the contract's money is in signing bonuses.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Matthews extended in Toronto. 5 years, approximately $11.6M/year AAV. 93% of the contract's money is in signing bonuses.

Haha. Awesome. Good for him. Now he can call his shot in 5 years. He’ll be 26 years old. And already have earned like 60M and be a UFA. Totally lockout proof too. Happy for him.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Someone explain the business side of this to me: What's the point in even having an annual salary anymore?

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
And his $ is less than his cap later. Makes it easier for them to trade with us in three years when he demands a trade here. ;)
Yea, year 4 & 5 are particularly easy years to move him. Even in year 3 after the SB. Maybe they view their major cup chance to be the next 2 years and after that its about just getting there and getting hot.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don’t think they’re at all concerned with whether this contract structure makes him easier to trade to Arizona in a few years or not. Pretty sure they want to keep the franchise center they’ve been waiting for since Sundin went to Vancouver.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Haha. Awesome. Good for him. Now he can call his shot in 5 years. He’ll be 26 years old. And already have earned like 60M and be a UFA. Totally lockout proof too. Happy for him.
Good for him. I was told it would be 5 years, enough to get him to UFA. He wants out thouggh, make no mistake about it. I can see him being dealt sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad