Around The NHL #2 - Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
It's a different game at any position when you're surrounded by elite talent. The Lightnings 7th or 8th best player would probably be the Coyotes best player.

...at least, they would be until they arrived here. Then they'd regress to the local mean. :laugh:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
No. Louie Domingue is flat out awful. He’s the perfect example of a terrible to mediocre goalie being propped up by one of the best teams in the league.
He was awful with our awful D at the start of last year. Keep in mind the year before he played better under Tip and a more organized defensive system. With a decent defensive structure he is an average goal tender not a train wreck. Loui was the scape goat, because it couldn't have been our new coach Tocc and his run and gun system or the new GM, they don't make mistakes:)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
We're tied for the best goals against in the entire NHL right now with basically the same personnel, system, and 3 different goalies. It wasn't the system. It may have taken time to implement the system and get the players up to speed, but it wasn't the system itself.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I thought mascots normally had at least one handler with them to, among other things, help keep them safe. Not just from moron fans, but it's hard to see in some of those costumes. The handler usually has a radio to direct the mascot on where to go next as well.

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I always wonder what kind of an azz you have to be to report about people's lives when you don't have confirmation??
Just want to be sure you knew that was about the tweet not us nobodies chatting on the internet.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Very sad but true. So any lost opportunities with high draft picks.

It's a different game at any position when you're surrounded by elite talent. The Lightnings 7th or 8th best player would probably be the Coyotes best player.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't see how Toronto can make the math work. Even if you assume modest or hometown deals for Matthews and Marner.

They only have ~26 mil cap space assuming a cap of 83. Matthews and Marner could very suck up most of that money. Where does this leave a player like Kapanen? Gardiner is gone for sure. And I don't think anyone is taking Marleau (full NMC) or Zaitsev.

Reactions: doaner

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I don't see how Toronto can make the math work. Even if you assume modest or hometown deals for Matthews and Marner.

They only have ~26 mil cap space assuming a cap of 83. Matthews and Marner could very suck up most of that money. Where does this leave a player like Kapanen? Gardiner is gone for sure. And I don't think anyone is taking Marleau (full NMC) or Zaitsev.
I think Gardiner and Kapanen are leaving and all other roster spots will be taken up by ELC's next season. I would not be surprised if Marleau goes South with an incentive or lives on Robidas Island next year.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Means absolutely nothing.
The thing that kinda means something to me is the news that they are working on a Matthew's contract. That at minimum shows that Matthews is interested in possibly signing long term. I wasn't sure of that as I have written many times he doesn't look comfortable there IMO although I don't know him so it could just be his personality??

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I also see no reason to not take Dubas at his word that they would match any offer sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->