Around The NHL #2 - Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
With his track record and his seeming joy in injuring players he shouldn't even be getting close. The thing is he has some skill and there is no need for it. I can still picture that grin after he broke that Pittsburgh players jaw and the lack of remorse for Sundquist. In todays NHL there is no place for it and as far as Im concerned he can just go away forever. Difference in a good hit and hitting to hurt.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I don't think that "hit" was bad anyway. Many of his hits are, but that one is just two guys going to the same spot, and one guy being much larger. I hate the "he didn't try to move enough" argument too. He shies away from the contact a little bit, that should be enough. Players shouldn't have to jump out of the way of other players skating backwards. If it was any other player it would be no big deal.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
The hit was fine, it's the fact that he began the hit well after the player released the puck. Steen was in a kind of funny stance after a shot and Johnson may have intended to send a physical message there, but it didn't look like he intended to hurt him in this play, just put a hard hit on him. I would be willing to bet Johnson had mentally over committed to the hit.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I don't think that "hit" was bad anyway. Many of his hits are, but that one is just two guys going to the same spot, and one guy being much larger. I hate the "he didn't try to move enough" argument too. He shies away from the contact a little bit, that should be enough. Players shouldn't have to jump out of the way of other players skating backwards. If it was any other player it would be no big deal.
One guy made a play and was facing the puck, the other guy came up behind him. What exactly is the guy who doesn't have the puck supposed to do so this hit doesn't happen??

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I didn't see head contact, but I do see TW intentionally hitting him and bracing himself for the late hit.

POST POST EDIT: BOB MCKENZIE TWEETED THAT WASHINGTON WAS TOLD THERE WILL BE NO HEARING

Good. Honestly, if it had not been Wilson, nobody had talked about it.

And even if I hate Wilson, that's not fair.

Reactions: Jakey53

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
LOL at some fans calling Dubas a genius or, I kid you not, "God". Maybe there is some fantastic capologist stuff happening but it seems like Nylander got paid AND got a desirable term.

Marners' and Matthews' agents are smiling right now.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
LOL at some fans calling Dubas a genius or, I kid you not, "God". Maybe there is some fantastic capologist stuff happening but it seems like Nylander got paid AND got a desirable term.

Marners' and Matthews' agents are smiling right now.
IMO this is a riskier contract than I would have liked to see. The low 6's would have been preferable but my understanding is the first two years carry a lot of the money so if he doesn't grow as predicted should be easily tradeable in years 3 to 5.

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
I can see signing bonuses being one of the main reasons for the lockout at the 2020 CBA negotiations. No way the coyotes could afford a contract like that. The team is paying 20m+ in the next half a year to Nylander. Before someone accuses me of this, I don't fault Toronto from taking advantage of this similar to the coyotes eating dead cap as a means to acquire players.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
All teams in the west win Sunday night. Every single one.

LA Kings should win too, it's 0 - 0 after two, but, obviously.

Good thing Yotes don't need help, just go on a win-streak now.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
I can see signing bonuses being one of the main reasons for the lockout at the 2020 CBA negotiations. No way the coyotes could afford a contract like that. The team is paying 20m+ in the next half a year to Nylander. Before someone accuses me of this, I don't fault Toronto from taking advantage of this similar to the coyotes eating dead cap as a means to acquire players.

A signing bonus should be a signing bonus, spread out as a "signing bonus" at the start of every or any subsequent year is just odd.

So yeah, it's a way to make the contracts lock-out proof, and makes the biggest stars the only ones to not lose on a strike or lock-out.

Really, do they control the players union so much, doesn't the majority of the players have a say?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Detroit fans are delusional if they think Calvert is at fault.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
Detroit fans are delusional if they think Calvert is at fault.

I mean Calvert did really let his stick go wild here. He knows where he was on the ice and he when he spun away from a check while not controlling his stick. At first I thought this was the Red Wings being dickheads, but after watching the replay half a dozen times, I'm not convinced that Calvert was innocent in this.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I mean Calvert did really let his stick go wild here. He knows where he was on the ice and he when he spun away from a check while not controlling his stick. At first I thought this was the Red Wings being ********s, but after watching the replay half a dozen times, I'm not convinced that Calvert was innocent in this.

So the Red Wing who grabbed his stick was just trying to help out? I think he forgot to let go.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I mean Calvert did really let his stick go wild here. He knows where he was on the ice and he when he spun away from a check while not controlling his stick. At first I thought this was the Red Wings being ********s, but after watching the replay half a dozen times, I'm not convinced that Calvert was innocent in this.

The Red Wings guys were holding his stick. He got pissed and started yanking it to free it, and Bertuzzi was too stupid to let go before he got speared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->