Around the NHL #17, the 18/19 on-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Oilers lose, Vegas loses, Anaheim is losing, San Jose currently tied.

Looking like a good night in the OOT. If San Jose loses in regulation Flames will be in sole place for 1st in the division to end the night.

Reactions: Boomstick

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Oilers gonna oil with Pool party. Feel bad for the kid wasting his time on a team that benches him to "practice". That being said - thanks Oilers and Canucks for not taking Matty :D

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Oilers gonna oil with Pool party. Feel bad for the kid wasting his time on a team that benches him to "practice". That being said - thanks Oilers and Canucks for not taking Matty :D

Thank Jarmo. Nobody knows for sure, but he most likely had some insight. He's been an ok /good GM, but his prospect evaluation skills are even better, as shown by his work with Ottawa and St. Lous.
Oilers were so sure they are not gonna get Puljujärvi that they didnt properly scout him, at least that's the speculation and rumours. And all that resulted Flames drafting Tkachuk

Reactions: Janks

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Thank Jarmo. Nobody knows for sure, but he most likely had some insight. He's been an ok /good GM, but his prospect evaluation skills are even better, as shown by his work with Ottawa and St. Lous.
Oilers were so sure they are not gonna get Puljujärvi that they didnt properly scout him, at least that's the speculation and rumours. And all that resulted Flames drafting Tkachuk
I approve of this :nod: Keep up not scouting players please Edmonton, and we can take the elite talent that falls to us.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

The first Finnish GM in the NHL, passing on a high end Finnish talent; he definitely knew something.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
The first Finnish GM in the NHL, passing on a high end Finnish talent; he definitely knew something.

I think Pulju is the classic case of having man strength at 18. Bigger, stronger and faster than his peers.

Maybe reached physical maturity too early, lack of IQ. Basically the opposite of Tkachuk

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think Pulju is the classic case of having man strength at 18. Bigger, stronger and faster than his peers.

Maybe reached physical maturity too early, lack of IQ. Basically the opposite of Tkachuk

I do think there's an NHL'er in there.
I mean, he was playing in Karpat against men during his draft year; but I do agree. He dominated the juniors where he was a man against boys.

I honestly think if Edmonton had any resemblance of depth, he could be an effective player. Like, I'd love to get him beside someone like Mikael Backlund and watch him turn into a 50-60 points big winger in a year turnaround.

I think Connor McDavid is like Crosby; where he always had this weird thing where he played with mid-tier talent and made them bigger and better. Edmonton has horrible depth down the middle. They have McDavid. They have Draisaitl who 5v5 has only produced half his points with Connor (doesn't include PP) and then garbage. They're not giving Jesse a lot of chances to be an impact player, but he also hasn't deserved it. I think it's that Laine thing, where you live with the short comings of their play if they produce.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
The Oilers were allegedly going to take Sergachev if Puljujarvi hadn't fallen, so this has worked out pretty well so far.

Outside of maybe the Canucks, none of the teams ahead of Calgary were all that interested in Tkachuk. Which worked out pretty well too as the Flames were rumoured to be interested in Juolevi at that spot.
Put on waivers the next day oof

jmKRp7m.gif

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
If Puljujarvi busts, he'll be a perfect example of how not to develop a player.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
If I was a GM of a team in the top ten, I'd have passed on him too, once Jarmo did. That's telling.

And the reason mid tier talent frequently works better with players like Crosby is you want safe players with some talent. Guys who can make plays, but also cover for Crosby when he is taking chances and going beast mode. That's why him and Kunitz worked so well. Kunitz never fought him for the puck, and instead of trying to read the plays himself, he knew where Sidney needed him to be on the ice.
The super talented type players are always conditioned to figure out where they need to be on the ice to succeed themselves, not there to be to support teammates

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Jonathan Quick had surgery today to repair a torn miniscus and is out indefinitely. Not that the Kings weren’t already dead but now they are extra dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->