Around the NHL #17, the 18/19 on-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
It would have taken Hamilton+, let's not kid ourselves here in thinking a mid-1st and Frolik would be all that exciting to the Sens.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
It would have taken Hamilton+, let's not kid ourselves here in thinking a mid-1st and Frolik would be all that exciting to the Sens.

Well, with one year left on their good players and an absolute shit show of a roster outside of those three, I would be pretty surprised if they didn't start selling at the halfway mark, depending on how things are going. Might as well maximize the return if Stone, Duchene, and Karlsson really do have no intention of resigning there.

1st and a top prospect is a pretty good deal for a rental player.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Stone only signed a 1-year deal with the Sens, I feel he’s as good as gone.

If we were to acquire Stone, I'd probably do it at FA. I mean obviously all players want to be with their brothers at some point, and we can probably sign him at a discount at 6.5m/7yrs because Treliving just works his magic :thumbu:

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Well, with one year left on their good players and an absolute **** show of a roster outside of those three, I would be pretty surprised if they didn't start selling at the halfway mark, depending on how things are going. Might as well maximize the return if Stone, Duchene, and Karlsson really do have no intention of resigning there.

1st and a top prospect is a pretty good deal for a rental player.
I read the original question in the past tense, my mistake. I wasn't thinking as a deadline acquisition.

But if we do have to get someone like him at the deadline, it means Neal and/or Lindholm isn't working out.

Reactions: Flameshomer

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I read the original question in the past tense, my mistake. I wasn't thinking as a deadline acquisition.

But if we do have to get someone like him at the deadline, it means Neal and/or Lindholm isn't working out.
Not necessarily... They both might be working out great, but if Bennett/Janko/Czarnik are floundering then our depth will be pretty shot again.

rolling out: Gaudreau-Monahan-Stone
Tkachuk-Lindholm-Neal

would be pretty filthy.

Aug 3, 2010
HFCF, would you rather have had Skinner as part of a return for Hamilton or is the package of Hanifin/Lindholm more preferable?

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
HFCF, would you rather have had Skinner as part of a return for Hamilton or is the package of Hanifin/Lindholm more preferable?

Hanifin and Lindholm easily, but I still am not a huge fan of the trade. Enjoyed watching Carolina get bent over in this one, I guess all things even out eventually.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Flames didn't need Skinner and his left shot or the one year left on his contract before he becomes an UFA. So easily Lindholm and Hanifin.

And Ferland's going to surprise. He's much better than people think. The only piece the Flames are really going to miss.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Flames didn't need Skinner and his left shot or the one year left on his contract before he becomes an UFA. So easily Lindholm and Hanifin.

And Ferland's going to surprise. He's much better than people think. The only piece the Flames are really going to miss.

I agree with everything besides the very last sentence. Dougie is an excellent hockey player.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Unless Ferland totally falls in love with Raleigh, I think we have the inside track on re-signing him next summer, should Treliving want him back. Would take some maneuvering to make it work with the cap and we'd have to re-sign Tkachuk and Bennett first too

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I think Ferland is due for regression in point totals. He can still be effective if he brings a physical edge this year, but he didn't do that very often for us last season.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I agree with everything besides the very last sentence. Dougie is an excellent hockey player.
He is but I don't think the Flames are going to miss his tendency to prioritize personal stats over the team. Or his insistence on having his brother babysit him all the time. Or his lackadaisical penalties.

If Giordano doesn't have to be the defensive minded guy on his pairing anymore, we might not even miss Hamilton's offense.

Reactions: Janks

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I’d take Ferly back next season, but who’s he going to bump? Best case scenario he scores under 30pts next season and he wants to come home and signs 3.15 mill per for 4 years.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
He is but I don't think the Flames are going to miss his tendency to prioritize personal stats over the team. Or his insistence on having his brother babysit him all the time. Or his lackadaisical penalties.

If Giordano doesn't have to be the defensive minded guy on his pairing anymore, we might not even miss Hamilton's offense.

Probably won’t miss fans making crap up about him either. I can’t can’t believe people are trying to sell this brother BS.

And if Gio is playing with Brodie this year he will have the do a lot more babysitting based on Brodie’s play the past two years.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
I think Ferland is due for regression in point totals. He can still be effective if he brings a physical edge this year, but he didn't do that very often for us last season.

Ferland likely played with the most talented players with the most ice time he will ever see over last 2 seasons. Ferland will be lucky to score 20.

Hamilton is a very talented player but a horrible teammate.

Probably won’t miss fans making crap up about him either. I can’t can’t believe people are trying to sell this brother BS.

And if Gio is playing with Brodie this year he will have the do a lot more babysitting based on Brodie’s play the past two years.

Nobody needed to make crap up about Dougie as he provided everything needed to find his parachute out of town. Tre did the Flames a big favor by trading Dougies toxic azz out of town. Tre's leadership and culture comments started with Hamilton. Only bad part of the whole debacle is Dougie proved the Boston fans right.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

Nah

31 Thoughts, The Podcast

Friedman talks about the Flames at starting at 7:35. Some interesting stuff including Friedman saying the Freddie thing (him being waived) was definitely an issue in that Dougie's attitude changed afterwards and it bothered his teammates. Said eventually Dougie's going to have to learn that they (him and his brother) can't always play together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->