Around the NHL #17, the 18/19 on-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
The best reason to keep Michael Stone is to get Mark here.

1) Play Neal with Gaudreau and Monahan this year to pump his value through the roof

2) Trade Neal in summer for a massive overpayment

3) Sign Mark Stone so he can play with his brother

4) Trade Michael Stone for a conditional 7th

5) profit???

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Oilers re-sign Strome, 2 years 3.1M AAV

What kind of deal is that? Has Strome done anything to earn that? Does this impact how much Lindholm asks for?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Oilers re-sign Strome, 2 years 3.1M AAV

What kind of deal is that? Has Strome done anything to earn that? Does this impact how much Lindholm asks for?
I think this is a good thing for the Flames.

Strome had a 50 point season with the Islanders, and aside from that is a 35-point player historically. He got $3.1M. Lindholm also has proven nothing, has never had a 50 point season, and is a 45-point player historically. Should come in around $4M.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I think this is a good thing for the Flames.

Strome had a 50 point season with the Islanders, and aside from that is a 35-point player historically. He got $3.1M. Lindholm also has proven nothing, has never had a 50 point season, and is a 45-point player historically. Should come in around $4M.
Agreed with this. I think this benchmarks Lindholm around 3.5-4.5 which works for me. Not the best deal for the Oilers, especially considering Eberle was at 6M so they don’t see much cap relief for the trade.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Maybe... but management told Button one of Kucherov or Gaudreau. Not both. So we ended up ok.
Not sure where you got this from; it isn't what I heard. I read the article that said they had both Kucherov and Gaudreau unranked on their lists because they thought they were going to be good, but also thought they would fall to later rounds. If they knew that another team would take Kucherov in the second round, they would have taken him there as far as I can tell. They just expected both guys to fall to their later picks.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Not sure where you got this from; it isn't what I heard. I read the article that said they had both Kucherov and Gaudreau unranked on their lists because they thought they were going to be good, but also thought they would fall to later rounds. If they knew that another team would take Kucherov in the second round, they would have taken him there as far as I can tell. They just expected both guys to fall to their later picks.
I thought it was Kucherov being taken earlier than anticipated that led to them taking Gaudreau when they did.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I'm sure Flames would have taken Gaudreau anyway, they tried so hard to not give anyone any idea they were interested in him. There was a really good story posted here maybe a year ago about that.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I'm sure Flames would have taken Gaudreau anyway, they tried so hard to not give anyone any idea they were interested in him. There was a really good story posted here maybe a year ago about that.
For sure, I just think they were willing to wait longer to take Johnny until Kucherov got taken and they got antsy.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

Q&A - TOD BUTTON

Jay (Feaster) had said we were going to take Johnny or the Tampa guy, (Nikita) Kucherov. Two guys, we'll take them where we see fit.

It's possible I'm misreading this quote, but to me it seemed like one or the other. There might have been another interview that mentioned it again in a similar way that Feaster didn't feel they could "waste" two picks on two long shots. But in all seriousness, did management actually think both Kucherov and Gaudreau would be available in the 4th round for them to pluck? I don't think so. I think it was literally one or the other that draft and I'll have to dig later to see where I read a comment that hinted at the idea that Feaster wasn't willing to spend two picks on two wild cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad