Around the NHL #15 - Ovie is Not a Choker Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2012
Earth
It's not even that bad a deal. He was going to be a sought after back-up UFA anyways, and he did play really when Anderson wasn't playing. Besides, Anderson isn't getting any younger and is on the last year of his deal. It's pretty telling that they want to keep Condon and give him a shot.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Lmao. And people thought they'd learned after handing out 6x6 contracts to Hall, Eberle, RNH, etc in recent years. Looks like that's not the case.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Buying UFA years for young elite talent is never cheap. Chiarellli would be better off going five years at roughly 7M or less; would give them a better window to win.

Seeing as to how it's the Oilers though, I hope they do end up giving him 8M+.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
He won't get 9 mil. Giordano asked for 9m. Gaudreau asked for 9m. Chances are the Oilers are offering in the 6 million range. They'll meet halfway around 7.5

Aug 21, 2014
He won't get 9 mil. Giordano asked for 9m. Gaudreau asked for 9m. Chances are the Oilers are offering in the 6 million range. They'll meet halfway around 7.5

McDavid asked for 14m, settled for 13.25m. Draisaitl asks for 9m, settles for 8.25m :naughty:

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
It's not even that bad a deal. He was going to be a sought after back-up UFA anyways, and he did play really when Anderson wasn't playing. Besides, Anderson isn't getting any younger and is on the last year of his deal. It's pretty telling that they want to keep Condon and give him a shot.

2.4 million for a backup that hasn't accomplished anything outside of his run in Ottawa is pretty bad. He wasn't any better than Johnson was in Buffalo, yet he gets a deal that pays him close to 50% more and for 3x as long? You'd think the Sens learned their lesson with Hammond, thankfully they didn't

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
The difference is with Gio and Johnny the reports were that they were asking for $9 million. With Drai they are suggesting he will get $9 million

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
If Leon is set on 9, he'll probably get it. Chia seems to be worried about him getting offer sheeted.

Yep I hope he gets 9 Plus.

Its great that we have Monahan and Gaudreau locked up for less than McDavid alone.

They are going to have a hard time surrounding them with enough talent to win a cup.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Yep I hope he gets 9 Plus.

Its great that we have Monahan and Gaudreau locked up for less than McDavid alone.

They are going to have a hard time surrounding them with enough talent to win a cup.

But.But.But. Crosby signed for 17.3% of the cap and won 3 Stanley cups - so Edmonton must be able to do that as well. Especially since Drai = Malkin, Sekera = Letang and Talbot = Fleury.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I like how Oilers fans are bringing up Chicago's cups when Toews and Kane's contracts come up. Without mentioning the fact that they won the cups BEFORE the contracts.

McDavid deal is a necessary evil, he deserves it, but now those Lucic and Russell contracts are looking rough, gonna be tough cookies to get a champion calibre team in the next few years, and I'm not sure Chia has what it take to make it happen.

Also if I'm Draisaitl, I'm saying "am I really only worth half of what McDavid got???" ;).

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
I like how Oilers fans are bringing up Chicago's cups when Toews and Kane's contracts come up. Without mentioning the fact that they won the cups BEFORE the contracts.

McDavid deal is a necessary evil, he deserves it, but now those Lucic and Russell contracts are looking rough, gonna be tough cookies to get a champion calibre team in the next few years, and I'm not sure Chia has what it take to make it happen.

Also if I'm Draisaitl, I'm saying "am I really only worth half of what McDavid got???" ;).

Especially after their respective playoff performances :naughty:

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Remember when Oillers fans were hyping up how they had a legit first line on their third line (Pouliot-Hopkins-Eberle)?

RNH is their 2C.
Eberle was traded for an ostensible downgrade.
Pouliot is bought out.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Remember when Oillers fans were hyping up how they had a legit first line on their third line (Pouliot-Hopkins-Eberle)?

RNH is their 2C.
Eberle was traded for an ostensible downgrade.
Pouliot is bought out.
Was this really a thing? When, at any point in history, has Pouliot ever been a first line NHL forward? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->