Around the NHL #15 - Ovie is Not a Choker Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I'm sorry but this is hilarious. How big is your ego to have that be the reason you rip your team apart?

yes but at the same time how big of a douche do you have to be to blast your music over your boss when he is trying to speak.

I guess the entitled players are lucky they are hockey players since all that happens is they get traded because if anyone of us try that we get canned in a heartbeat and are looking for a new job hoping nobody calls the old guy for a reference.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
With Karlssons play this year after the injury Melnyk alienating him might end up being the best thing that happens for that club.

I think they should trade him no matter what as the chances they ever build a successful team around him is basically zero so they should start the rebuild now but if he is at risk of being this for the rest of his career because his ankle then you definitely need to sell him now.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Karlsson was having an otherworldly postseason too. If they weren't so dysfunctional and were willing to pay Turris I think they'd be a playoff team
They still wouldn't have even made the playoffs last year if it weren't for Anderson channeling his emotion into the game. They may have been 1 goal from the finals, but also barely snuck into the playoffs.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
With Karlssons play this year after the injury Melnyk alienating him might end up being the best thing that happens for that club.

I think they should trade him no matter what as the chances they ever build a successful team around him is basically zero so they should start the rebuild now but if he is at risk of being this for the rest of his career because his ankle then you definitely need to sell him now.

You could build a great team around Karlsson.
It would entail spending some money however, and giving some contracts.

Ottawa has given up a good number of players just to shed some dough. Karlsson is one of the top players in the world when he's on his game.

With the Brassard trade, they've now traded, get this, 3 top 6 centres in the past 2 years. Now, to be fair, they got one back in Duchene... but man.

Reactions: tmurfin

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You could build a great team around Karlsson.
It would entail spending some money however, and giving some contracts.

Ottawa has given up a good number of players just to shed some dough. Karlsson is one of the top players in the world when he's on his game.

With the Brassard trade, they've now traded, get this, 3 top 6 centres in the past 2 years. Now, to be fair, they got one back in Duchene... but man.

I think that team needs a lot of work to be a contender.

They could easily build a bubble play-off team around him but I think they have a better chance of building a contender by using the pieces they get from him and going scorched earth.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think that team needs a lot of work to be a contender.

They could easily build a bubble play-off team around him but I think they have a better chance of building a contender by using the pieces they get from him and going scorched earth.

If you could land 3 major pieces for him:
1) A young NHL'er with good upside. Preferably a centre.
2) A high caliber prospect, better than a 30th/31st OA.
3) A few extra picks at the draft (preferably a 1st, then add).

I think you'd be in a good spot.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
My buddy is a DIEHARD Sens fan, I 100% think he's on the verge of a mental breakdown this season :laugh:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

I do not understand the league's infatuation with helping powerhouses out.
Chicago got it for years, and the Pens get it.

I know some of these teams are rebuilding and looking for assets... but man. You gave the pens a good second line centre for essentially near nothing.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I do not understand the league's infatuation with helping powerhouses out.
Chicago got it for years, and the Pens get it.

I know some of these teams are rebuilding and looking for assets... but man. You gave the pens a good second line centre for essentially near nothing.

A first and an A prospect seems like a fair price to me.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
A first and an A prospect seems like a fair price to me.

What will essentially be a 27-31 pick and a goalie, which as we know is complete voodoo. I'd be fuming personally as a Sens fan, but what do I know. I know he was a rental, but that was a complete favour for Pittsburgh, especially if the Knights hold onto some salary for them too.

Do add, they did give up Mika Zibanejad and his fire DJ skills for Brassard.

Keeping tabs:

In:
27-31 overall in 2018
Goalie prospect
7th Round pick
Ian Cole

Out:
Pick 35-36 in 2018
Brassard
Zibanejad

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
What will essentially be a 27-31 pick and a goalie, which as we know is complete voodoo. I'd be fuming personally as a Sens fan, but what do I know. I know he was a rental, but that was a complete favour for Pittsburgh, especially if the Knights hold onto some salary for them too.

Do add, they did give up Mika Zibanejad and his fire DJ skills for Brassard.

Keeping tabs:

In:
27-31 overall in 2018
Goalie prospect
7th Round pick
Ian Cole

Out:
Pick 35-36 in 2018
Brassard
Zibanejad

Brassard isn't a rental. He has term, so it's harder for a team like Pittsburgh to accommodate him.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Pretty clear the Senators (Melnyk) haven't thought this through and/or are delusional (Melnyk) about their situation.

They have the option on which first round they give to the Avalanche, either 2018 or 2019. But they're selling off everything now, meaning they're almost certainly going to keep their 2018 first rounder. And next year, without Karlsson, Brassard, maybe Hoffman and Duchene as well, it's a virtual guarantee they'll be even worse yet they they'll still have to move the 2019 first to the Avalanche.

It's bad enough right now but the worst might be yet to come.

Reactions: Janks

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

As a GM myself, I actually feel super bad for Dorion. I don’t blame the players at all for their actions. It’s been a continuous revolving door of moving quality players out to save money. Then they deal Turris the way they did, what do they expect players to say? They were just tuning Dorion out because they want to focus on hockey and not the crap going on behind the scenes. Dorion is a messenger and needs to act accordingly on behalf of the one that signs his cheques.

Karlsson is probably itching to get out of there. What a joke that ownership is and they’ll never be right until Melnyk goes. I just really feel for the fans.

Reactions: WeegarUnderwood

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Attaching Ryan to Karlsson is just moronic. You’re going to lower the value of a premier player.

Not to mention there’s only like 4-5 teams that can take on that much cap right now and they aren’t teams that would want to make a move for karlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad