Around the NHL #15 - Ovie is Not a Choker Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Why would they? Talbot is having a down year, but Mrazek does nothing for them.
Gives them a solid backup so that Talbot doesn't have to play a thousand games a season. He might be a pending UFA but he's worth a shot based on what the Flyers gave up. Could also be a backup plan if Talbot regresses further and they decide to not to re-sign him

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Gives them a solid backup so that Talbot doesn't have to play a thousand games a season. He might be a pending UFA but he's worth a shot based on what the Flyers gave up. Could also be a backup plan if Talbot regresses further and they decide to not to re-sign him

Problem is they're going to have salary issues as is, and Mrazek likely gets 3m+. Edmonton can't afford that.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
7A01853D-6108-4981-B56E-88F7F817E233.jpeg

Taylor I don’t even think they know what they’re doing there

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
IS it just me, or does this seem like a cheap price for a guy with 25 goals, and that can play on any line in your top 9?

A second round pick and long-shot prospect.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Buyers market. There's a plethora of wingers available; the price on Kane for example has allegedly dropped to a 2nd plus a prospect as per Insider Trading.

Almost a pity the Flames don't have a second round pick anytime soon. Almost.

Rykov's a long shot because he may never come over. Kind of like Rafikov but seemingly a little higher potential.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Is it just me, or the "have" teams have finally adjusted to the salary cap? We have more parity now but this feels eerily like the late 90s where the Red Wings, Devils and Avalanche just seemed to stack rosters.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
That seems like a steal for Pittburgh but I am not overly familiar with Gufstavsson. Although goalies, even with good junior/minor pedigree do seem like wildcards.

I really wanted Brassard. Even though I was resigned to the cost being too much.

I think this line-up would have been pretty nice:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Bennett
Tkachuk-Brassard-Versteeg
Frolik-Backlund-Lazar
Ferland-Jankowski-Hathaway

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Brutal that an owner causes a feeling that no one wants to play for the team. They will never get another Karlsson back. I feel so bad for Sens fans.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Brutal that an owner causes a feeling that no one wants to play for the team. They will never get another Karlsson back. I feel so bad for Sens fans.
Agreed on this. They got very lucky to have drafted such a great player, and it's sad for the fans to see the owner/GM ruin his future with the club by burning bridges.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017

I can’t find the source tweet but apparently Dorion felt “disrespected” in a team meeting sometime in January. I have a feeling some players were vocal about what a joke Melnyk is following the Turris trade and his statements at the winter classic

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I can’t find the source tweet but apparently Dorion felt “disrespected” in a team meeting sometime in January. I have a feeling some players were vocal about what a joke Melnyk is following the Turris trade and his statements at the winter classic

As an OTT fan, it is pretty deflating to see Melnyk's POV. Why would anybody want to play there at this point? All you can do as a fan is hope that scouting and player development keeps them competitive. Outside of that, it's pretty bleak.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

Not just play for the team, but to be associated with them at all. Alfredsson was/is a Senator through and through but when he left his hockey ops position, I thought that was a good indication something wasn't right in the organization. Then someone on the mainboards this week or last week said Alfredsson is part of a group that wants to buy out Melnyk, which says he still has a desire to be part of the organization, just not under the current ownership.

I sincerely hope they lose Karlsson for nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad