Around the NHL #15 - Ovie is Not a Choker Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Eh, with a limited NTC also involved, the NMC just stops waivers and being demoted. It's really no big deal because I can't see his game becoming so bad they want to send him to the AHL.

Even if he were an AHL-calibre defenseman the Oil would need significantly more blueline depth to justify demoting him. Outside of their top three it's all AHL talent.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Some Oilers fans have been going on about how signing Russell to that hilarious contract means that they've already tied up Draisaitl and McDavids new deals based on previous Chia statements. The fact that he's come out with this statement really casts doubt upon that notion now

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2014
Some Oilers fans have been going on about how signing Russell to that hilarious contract means that they've already tied up Draisaitl and McDavids new deals based on previous Chia statements. The fact that he's come out with this makes statement really casts doubt upon that notion now

good inference mobi.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Same, except I was thinking 14. Either he's a liar, or he's gonna be in serious cap hell. :D

Chayka-mate.

There's really some uncertainty with that team, but it looks like he's been told to start winning by ownership. I really, really wish Chayka came down with a 7 year x 10 million dollar contract for Draisaitl. Having the Oil tie up 22-24 million on two players would be... fun?

Draisaitl to me probably isn't worth that money.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
return is a 2nd in 2020 and Dylan Ferguson, who Dallas just drafted in the 7th round on Saturday.

The price is bizarre. I don't get trade value anymore.

Well, actually I take that partly back. McPhee is just a moron. Almost all of his moves have me scratching my head. Methot just got a return that likely won't have an impact until 2022-23 at the earliest. For a legit top pairing shutdown D. For the same return a rental Ron Hainsey got.

Either the NTC really handicapped him, or as I said, he's just an idiot.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Wait, didn't Vegas take him because they couldn't come to an agreement over a concession that Ottawa would have to pay, in time? Did Ottawa really offer less than this for a top-pairing D?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Also how does this trade happen when Ryan Reaves fetches a 1st, not three days ago :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->