Around the League XXXVII: Sens fire Boucher

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
This Sharks game is awesome!
yep, people overreact as usual in an 8-7 game for the Hawks like we are terrible, but nobody makes a comment on all the other games that play out like this as well..6-5 score between two of the top teams, yet nobody will be trashing their defense either..sometimes games just work like that, and yes I know our defense is not good, but just funny how it gets ignored elsewhere.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
yep, people overreact as usual in an 8-7 game for the Hawks like we are terrible, but nobody makes a comment on all the other games that play out like this as well..6-5 score between two of the top teams, yet nobody will be trashing their defense either..sometimes games just work like that, and yes I know our defense is not good, but just funny how it gets ignored elsewhere.
You are spewing absolute nonsense lately. The Sharks and Bruins are two of the top teams in the league so I’m not shocked it was close albeit high scoring affair.

Ottawa is the worst team in the league. The Blackhawks barely beat them off the backs of of their top 2 lines. The defense and goaltending were absolutely atrocious. This is not a new development either, they have have both been porous all season.

That same Bruins team beat the Hawks pretty thoroughly, out worked them and the defense had absolutely nothing for them. Same thing happened against the Blue jackets. Coming across offense hasn’t been an issue, but I’m pretty sure we are bottom 5 in both defense and goaltending. If we played the Sharks tomorrow, we’d probably get murdered.

This team is fatally flawed, and even if the Hawks do manage to make the playoffs, they won’t be going anywhere. The team won’t be fixed this year. You telling everyone that two really good teams had a high scoring affair means the Hawks will be fine is very shortsighted. But we’ll see when the Hawks play a contender next, whenever that is.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
You are spewing absolute nonsense lately. The Sharks and Bruins are two of the top teams in the league so I’m not shocked it was close albeit high scoring affair.

Ottawa is the worst team in the league. The Blackhawks barely beat them off the backs of of their top 2 lines. The defense and goaltending were absolutely atrocious. This is not a new development either, they have have both been porous all season.

That same Bruins team beat the Hawks pretty thoroughly, out worked them and the defense had absolutely nothing for them. Same thing happened against the Blue jackets. Coming across offense hasn’t been an issue, but I’m pretty sure we are bottom 5 in both defense and goaltending. If we played the Sharks tomorrow, we’d probably get murdered.

This team is fatally flawed, and even if the Hawks do manage to make the playoffs, they won’t be going anywhere. The team won’t be fixed this year. You telling everyone that two really good teams had a high scoring affair means the Hawks will be fine is very shortsighted. But we’ll see when the Hawks play a contender next, whenever that is.
I am spewing nonsense?? lol..

people are overreacting over every little damn thing- how can the Hawks be a playoff team in an 8-7 game with Ottawa?? really, like we constantly do not see examples like this almost nightly. look around the league, many of the top goaltenders are giving up goals, it isn't just a Hawks issue. even the best teams are getting scorched out there at times.

I never said this team isn't flawed, never said their defense is good, in fact I said to keep pouring it on offensively to try and beat teams 7-6 or 6-5 because that is what we are better suited for right now. but this ridiculous constant jumping on/jumping off by some of you people is hilarious, they are the same damn team they always have been and are literally knocking on the playoff door.

plus, we are still playing without our #1 goalie, the guy who has been a top 10 goalie the past few seasons...instead of the constant Dahlstrom isn't good now, Sikura won't be anything, Hawks suck posts, use some f***ing common sense/cool the knee jerk reactions and understand this team is flawed, but has the skill to be a playoff team..and IF they get their damn #1 goalie back, this team does get better in the GAA department as relying on a 24 year old and a 34 year old can only last so long.

Reactions: Callidusblackhawk

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Saying "the 2018-2019 Blackhawks are a bad hockey team" might be the least kneejerk hockey opinion I've ever heard.

Short of maybe "The 2014-2015 Buffalo Sabres are a bad hockey team".

Not only have they been bad since game one this season, there's been a steady decline to this point for 3 seasons beforehand.

One ugly game against Ottawa doesn't decide their quality. It reinforces it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Saying "the 2018-2019 Blackhawks are a bad hockey team" might be the least kneejerk hockey opinion I've ever heard.

Short of maybe "The 2014-2015 Buffalo Sabres are a bad hockey team".

Not only have they been bad since game one this season, there's been a steady decline to this point for 3 seasons beforehand.

One ugly game against Ottawa doesn't decide their quality. It reinforces it.

Bad might not be the right term as they have portions to the team that good. Hence why you get the reaction you do. I think "flawed" be a better term.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
All this bad talk from this Ottawa game but those is who both teams are. Both are top 10 Gfs and their 1st and 2nd for goals allowed.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Last nights game was like a rorschach test. It's going to reinforce whatever your preexisting beliefs were.

upload_2019-2-19_15-2-59.jpeg

“A defenseman getting walked by a 4th line forward”

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Panarin out tonight with apparent lower-body injury.

Diagnosis: Pants ****ting.

Thank you Dr. Tortorella. :laugh:

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Blues taking it to Leafs so far, 2 - 0 after the first. If Leafs still wonder if they need more grit in the line-up they may be convinced after this game.

I'm at this game!

I wouldnt hold the game against the Leafs. Blues are on fire right now

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Brayden Point missed a team meeting so he got scratched and Kucherov goes pointless. He usually struggles without Point (well... for his sake) so this is no surprise.

Keep missing team meetings Point!

Reactions: Rooh

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Dallas needs a win so badly here. They’re only 4 points up on a playoff spot when I think they were up like 10 not that long ago. Benn still playing like trash, Seguin struggling again, Bishop broken for the umpteenth time. Not looking good for them.

Minnesota looks dead in the water.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Bad might not be the right term as they have portions to the team that good. Hence why you get the reaction you do. I think "flawed" be a better term.
Just to keep track of things. The Hawks were in the bottom 20 (at 22 exactly) in GF last year. This year through 3/4 of the season they are at 8 in GF. I'd say they made some progress. Most talking here about what improvements the Hawks need to make talk about getting another high-powered forward when apparently what we really need is 2 stay at home shut down d and an above replacement level goalie.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
What's the story on Binnington?

I know he's playing well, but was that the projection? That he'd be a good NHL goalie?

Or is there a chance this is the western conference version of Andrew Hammond?

Honest question, I have no idea what his upside as a prospect was.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
What's the story on Binnington?

I know he's playing well, but was that the projection? That he'd be a good NHL goalie?

Or is there a chance this is the western conference version of Andrew Hammond?

Honest question, I have no idea what his upside as a prospect was.
He was originally a 3rd round pick and the best north american goalie from his draft class(some european goalies were higher prospects), but he wasnt heavily hyped by the organization the last few years or expected to be our future goalie as our prospect husso was supposed to be ahead of him entering this year, but he passed up husso based on minor league performance this year..

Hes already 25, but he was putting up solid #s in the minors, with a 2.05 gaa and .926 sv% last season and a 2.08 gaa and .927 sv% this season before getting called up so the performance did t come as much out of nowhere like hammond who had mediocre minor league #s.

Binny will regress some and not be a top 5 nhl tender like he is playing now, but i think he has potential to be a solid or average nhl starter. Time will tell.

Reactions: JaegerDice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->