Around the League XXXVII: Sens fire Boucher

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The league passed Hitchcock and his 'heavy hockey' by long ago. He was never going to be the guy to get the most out of that team... but even if by some miracle he did, it wouldn't have been enough to make the playoffs without a crazy goalie heater.

Chiarelli built a team like it was still 2011. They need a complete tear-down, and nobody wants their parts.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If we don’t get Hughes or Kakko, I’d be 110% ok with Edmonton getting one of them. McDavid needs to start winning Cups, it’s best for the league

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
If we don’t get Hughes or Kakko, I’d be 110% ok with Edmonton getting one of them. McDavid needs to start winning Cups, it’s best for the league
Let’s be real, the Oilers would screw their development up anyways. Let’s give those two a chance on other teams, the Oilers will draft a bust in Cozens.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Dallas is really backing up in the wildcard race. Benn still playing like garbage. If Bishop is out for an extended amount of time they’re in trouble.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
This. Get McDavid to the Rangers or something ASAP
Rangers??? No way do I want any NY team to succeed. Actually, any team other than the Hawks would be unacceptable.

If he wanted out of Edmonton, he wouldn’t have signed that contract. He can stay there until the contract ends, then sign as a UFA with the Hawks and be reunited with Cat and Strome.

That’s my position.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
The Oilers are never going to trade McDavid, and McDavid is never going to demand a trade. He's going to be there for the full length of his contract.

The Oilers are going to have to tear-down their team anyway, they have no cap room to add and no pieces anybody wants. They'll have to make some buyouts and add some sweeteners to get rid of guys.

In 3 or 4 years, McDavid will be playing with several high draft picks (again). Hopefully with less mismanagement of the supporting cast.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The Oilers are never going to trade McDavid, and McDavid is never going to demand a trade. He's going to be there for the full length of his contract.

The Oilers are going to have to tear-down their team anyway, they have no cap room to add and no pieces anybody wants. They'll have to make some buyouts and add some sweeteners to get rid of guys.

In 3 or 4 years, McDavid will be playing with several high draft picks (again). Hopefully with less mismanagement of the supporting cast.

Legit question, if you’re McDavid at what point is enough to ask for a trade? The team has always sucked and doesn’t have a bright future.

If I’m him and have another bleak season next year that might be enough.

Losing the way the Oilers do is incredibly draining on the psyche for most athletes.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
It wouldn't surprise me if McDavid demands out if the Oilers don't do something within the next year to get the team on the right track. McDavid has already shown his frustation with the team. I know I wouldn't want to stay there if I were him.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Legit question, if you’re McDavid at what point is enough to ask for a trade? The team has always sucked and doesn’t have a bright future.

If I’m him and have another bleak season next year that might be enough.

Losing the way the Oilers do is incredibly draining on the psyche for most athletes.

Me? I'd have asked for a trade yesterday.

Do I believe somebody raised in forge of hockey culture, who has utter and complete believe in his own ability would ask for a trade?

No. I think he views himself as the guy that's going to drag this team out of it, through hell or high water, whether that's realistic or not.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
If you are the best player in the league and you can see the FO is a shit show with no plan going forward......you ask for a trade in 1.5 years. He cannot pull them out of anything in regards to personnel.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Maybe if/when he misses out on the Ross and Hart that he should be winning, he’ll seriosuly consider it.

This is his legacy here. He’s missing out on being considered one of the best players of all time because his team is a disaster

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
Spooner for Gagner. Makes you wonder how the wheels fell off so quickly for those two guys. They were middle-6 players last year and now can't crack an NHL lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad