Around the League XXXVII: Sens fire Boucher

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Dam, the Leafs look good.

They obviously have some top talent but gotta give Babs and Shanahan credit for not being satisfied and continuing to tweak the line-up, especially in the back end and the bottom 6.

Lightning's Domingue put on a goaltenders clinic in OT last night. He has been solid in the games I have caught.

Last edited:

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Carolina Whalers night. After the Hawks, one of the all time great sweaters.

upload_2018-12-23_23-16-51.jpeg

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I suppose most people think the white pads are worn by 95 percent of goalies 'cause they look good.... but .....
Why any goalie would want to advertise their 5-hole is baffling to me.
That has about the same effect as shooter thinking he’s going to score more because he tapes his stick a certain way. It’s all mental. I’ve never had an issue distinguishing a five hole, no matter what color the pads are.

Reactions: Jeffrey Lebowski

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I suppose most people think the white pads are worn by 95 percent of goalies 'cause they look good.... but .....

Do you want to go into the details on this on this? This should not be taken to have a snarky tone.

It is very similar to tape color or scouts telling players white holders/laces make you appear faster. White is a cleaner look and the choose this for esthetic purposes.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I'd rather wear black and maybe get a few quick whistles every year because the ref lost sight of the puck.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Do you want to go into the details on this on this? This should not be taken to have a snarky tone.

It is very similar to tape color or scouts telling players white holders/laces make you appear faster. White is a cleaner look and the choose this for esthetic purposes.

Tape color as it pertains to goalies picking the puck up off the blade, right? Because, as a skater, white tape every time. I think people underestimate the ability to know where the puck is on your blade from your peripheral vision. Much harder to pick up the black puck against black tape. Major difference? No. But it makes a difference. At least to me.

As it pertains to the goalie pads, makes no difference. Players shoot where they see net, not color.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
There's a reason why butterfly/hybrid goaltending completely took over from older methods. It's objectively better.

Goaltenders and teams aren't stupid. If pad coloring was an actual advantage, everybody would be using the same color without a second's hesitation. If anything, pad coloring of any type is probably a mental edge kind of thing varying from goalie to goalie.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
There's a reason why butterfly/hybrid goaltending completely took over from older methods. It's objectively better.

Goaltenders and teams aren't stupid. If pad coloring was an actual advantage, everybody would be using the same color without a second's hesitation. If anything, pad coloring of any type is probably a mental edge kind of thing varying from goalie to goalie.

Correct.

Hell I had pads the were opposite colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->