Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Wait people in MN were rude?

I am honestly shocked.

I was shocked too!!! People kept just running into us without say "excuse me" or "sorry" I was pushed out of the way by a damn CHILD who was shorter than the height of my legs. Everyone looked pissed off.

There was a Wild fan sitting next to us that was playfully chirping because we were rooting for the Bolts. He and his friend were nice thank god. It helped restore my faith in MN people. I like having fun back and forths during games. I'm not going to go into someone's arena and just shit on their team the whole time, but I will root for the other guys. But I like talking to local fans about their team. It's fun.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I was shocked too!!! People kept just running into us without say "excuse me" or "sorry" I was pushed out of the way by a damn CHILD who was shorter than the height of my legs. Everyone looked pissed off.

There was a Wild fan sitting next to us that was playfully chirping because we were rooting for the Bolts. He and his friend were nice thank god. It helped restore my faith in MN people. I like having fun back and forths during games. I'm not going to go into someone's arena and just **** on their team the whole time, but I will root for the other guys. But I like talking to local fans about their team. It's fun.

You honestly experienced what MN is not is. Weird. Were you wearing TB Jersey?

Reactions: ChiHawks10

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Yeah you had a weird experience.

It was weird indeed. I'm just glad we crossed that one off our list and don't have to go back.
Went to Glamdoll the next morning for some donuts, and that was worth it haha. Then hit up Minnesota's Largest Candy Store.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Haha, just for the game! Slowly working on crossing all of the NHL arenas off the list. Xcel is so small. Was weird. Also, people were incredibly rude. 10/10 would not recommend.

Which stadiums have you seen so far and what’s tops on your list to get to this season?

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Colorado looking great against Tampa Bay. Colorado goal just called back against Bolts. And to think they own Ottawa’s 1st in 2019...likely top five, possibly 1OA. Damn.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Colorado looking great against Tampa Bay. Colorado goal just called back against Bolts. And to think they own Ottawa’s 1st in 2019...likely top five, possibly 1OA. Damn.
Ottawa has too much talent right now to be a #1OV...if they trade off Stone and Duchene at the deadline, then I can see it- but they need the returns for those guys to either be 1st round picks themselves or players that can help right away - Ottawa cannot just fold at the deadline and let that pick be a #1OV...it would be one of the biggest embarrassments I could recall in the past 20 years of hockey management if that were to happen.

Tkachuk comes back in about 3 weeks, so there is hope Ottawa lol...not a lot, but you only need a little just like in Star Wars!

Chabot and Lajoie have looked great at the blueline..they have a lot of young talent, if you watch them closely they really aren't a bad team at all. I would be shocked if they finish bottom 5 this year.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Which stadiums have you seen so far and what’s tops on your list to get to this season?

Chicago (obviously)
Detroit (the Joe. Gotta get back for the new one)
Columbus x3
St. Louis x2
Nashville
Minnesota

Going to Sunrise and Tampa in January and Denver in March.
I love Columbus. We have made it an annual trip since we went the first time.
Would also like to get down to Texas soon since it's ~relatively~ close. Then probably heading East.

Reactions: RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Chicago (obviously)
Detroit (the Joe. Gotta get back for the new one)
Columbus x3
St. Louis x2
Nashville
Minnesota

Going to Sunrise and Tampa in January and Denver in March.
I love Columbus. We have made it an annual trip since we went the first time.
Would also like to get down to Texas soon since it's ~relatively~ close. Then probably heading East.

I always wanted to go to a game in Columbus but it was just too far of a drive from Atlanta (8 hours, I think) to leave after work on a Thursday or Friday for a short weekend trip and game.

I really didn’t want to spend a couple hundred bucks on flights to a city within Ohio.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I always wanted to go to a game in Columbus but it was just too far of a drive from Atlanta (8 hours, I think) to leave after work on a Thursday or Friday for a short weekend trip and game.

I really didn’t want to spend a couple hundred bucks on flights to a city within Ohio.

I don't blame you lol. It's worth going though. It's a great arena and it's a fun time. I think Columbus is underrated as a city too. It's no Chicago or anything, but it's cool.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I really need to hit up various NHL arenas sooner rather than later. I've only been to the UC and PNC over in Raleigh. I do regret not going to an NHL game at Nassau, and I think that the Saddledome would be one of those venues I want to visit before it closes as well. Probably should just go to a neutral game at St. Louis at some point considering that I live downstate, and Columbus is an option just so I can wear my Chicago Express jersey and see if I get any confused looks from the handful that remember that one-year ECHL affiliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->