Around the League XXXVI: Fire all the coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
not sure who that was, but this guy, well this guy just gets it: post from Feb 2018 :yo::yo: though my love for Wall-E is obvious!! lol

"yep, not agreeing with Button, but he obviously feels just like I do that Tkachuk steps in the NHL right away next year and makes an impact. Button's rankings are always on who he thinks will be better pro players and not just what they are doing now (all rankings do base things like this but do skew the current over the future).

I think Tkachuk will be a very solid pro player, he and Dahlin are the only 2 locks right now to jumping to the NHL right away in my eyes...I am not saying anyone else won't, but those two are just ready physically and intellectually to be there. Tkachuk is at another level with integrity and responsibility, the kid is cool as ice and has bloodlines to prove it. Button fell in love with him at the WJC so I cant blame him for it, but is Tkachuk going to be the second best player from this draft? God only knows, but I would rather have Wahlstrom over Tkachuk 10 out of 10 times and wait that 1-2 years to have him in my lineup.

Svech and Zadina are great exciting players, but there is bust factor involved with guys like this, always has been always will be...Tkachuk is about as safe of a bet to get to the show as any player not named Dahlin...what he does there is the true question."​

In no universe would I have taken Tkachuk over Svechnikov.

Reactions: AmericanDream

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Good slate of games tonight. Actually kind of interested in just about every game except VAN/WIN and DET/TB.

Reactions: pvr

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Blues beat Leafs 4-1 ...2nd home loss in a row for Toronto. ..Might offense has 1g in last 2 games..Hold those Stanley Cup Parade plans..

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

His ownership was mixed bag

In a lot ways he saved Isles when he purchased them keeping them in NY and they had some good years under him. But he also made plenty of mistakes and seemed to lose interest in franchise after the lighthouse project was killed

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
7 years for Alex Tuch? Was that really necessary? Maybe I'm way off here, as I don't get to see him a lot, but this reminds me a lot of the Killorn contract.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
7 years for Alex Tuch? Was that really necessary? Maybe I'm way off here, as I don't get to see him a lot, but this reminds me a lot of the Killorn contract.

Yeah I saw that a few days ago and thought the same. Just goes to show that you have to pay extra to keep your good players around

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

His ownership was mixed bag

In a lot ways he saved Isles when he purchased them keeping them in NY and they had some good years under him. But he also made plenty of mistakes and seemed to lose interest in franchise after the lighthouse project was killed

Wang was like a paramedic that then turned around and punched you a few dozen times in the face. I mean, yeah, you saved my life, but now I have a broken jaw and a concussion, so I'm not a happy camper, either.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Wang was like a paramedic that then turned around and punched you a few dozen times in the face. I mean, yeah, you saved my life, but now I have a broken jaw and a concussion, so I'm not a happy camper, either.
Wang was a paramedic that saved your life and hired alcoholic drivers that ran into the median on the highway. He cared.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Randy Carlyle might be the worst coach in the NHL. He's got one of the better d-corps in the league, and he's got the team giving up 35 shots a night... just like every team he's coached that didn't have Niedermayer and Pronger on the back end.

For however frustrated I get with Q, I must always remember... it could be a lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad