Around the League XXXV: Illinois Represent

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Well the Tavares plagues have started even before he hits the ice with the Leafs... This long-time Islanders lose. ..brings his show to T.O. and voila the 1st calamity hits Toronto..the massive flooding that occurred last night as 100 millimeters of rain hits parts of the city and caused huge water damage and power outages with the downtown and parts of North York getting the worst of it .. Transportation in chaos and more rain predicted tonight and tomorrow ..A flood of biblical proportions..so Tavares signing already bringing disaster to many in Leafs Nation living in the Centre of the Hockey Universe....More disaster probably will come for them because they were already planning the Stanley Cup Parade (several) over the next 5-8 years and instead we see the 1st of many plagues this '"saviour" will bring to the giddy city after he to go back home..but
...you cannot go home again ..we all know that...and so a cost has to be extracted. ..What is next?The Don River turns to Blood?Frogs?Boils?Pestilence?.Locusts?Death of the First Born? Probably none of these...but whatever comes ,it will be added onto the list of calamities the Tavares "coup" has brought..They may be wishing they had never gone down this path for "glory",cause as we know the best laid plans oft gang aglay...

$1 double wells at the local watering hole?

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
The price is fair, but I just don't want to give 8 years to a goalie.

Right. That’s crazy term for such a volatile position.

With respect to all the posts about goalie term for contracts you'd think this is something the market would correct itself with--especially with the DiPietro fiasco being so recent. Goalies are still getting long-term deals though.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I don't get why teams are committing to goalies past their early 30's. They can't stay healthy and it is just going to get worse as they make goalie gear smaller.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So Larkin's new deal is at $6.1 per year for 5 yr. term...he had 63 pts..this ought to set the bar for Schmaltz . ..either they give him $5.0 for 5 yrs (he had only 52 pts.)by the same approx. $1 million for every 10 points or they go long at higher amount of $6 mil. Per for 8 yes lock up..But if he is unable to produce more than low 50s then 8 more yrsonly means a mistaken overpay for meh production.So we should be very careful..I would go only the $5.per for 5 yrs and or 4 if he prefers that to first prove he can elevate production. .if he is a 70+ guy in that bridge deal then he can still be young enough to get the really big bucks as a real "star" would get ..but if he stays in the 50s we probably deal him before his deal ends..Do not give him a y NMC cushy security..Make him earn any bigger paydays.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Only 67 more days till Canada becomes Mary Jane heaven...This means you can bet on all the games played in Canada to be more "copacetic" if you get my drift...Certainly some players on Canadian teams could be taking tokes at home the night before home games or some that morning. ..Not all will succumb to the temptation but if say only 5 on a team do it ,that could vastly effect their performance and the team's competitive show that night.Even visiting players could succumb to the temptation..sneak out of their hotels the night before for a toke or two in the fresh air...cause no smoking of any kind will be allowed in smoke free hotels..This could affect the level of competing as several players on both teams could be in a more mellow frame of mind..if they still have a mind.

As to fans ...I read that the Belll Centre in Montreal has a smokers area but now perhaps (unless they prohibit it) there could be the waft of Marijuana smoke mixed in with the tobacco smoke ...and a lot more people doing it ...not sure if other Canadian arenas have dedicated smoker areas or not ..I guess they could ban Marijuana in the building even though it will be legal October 17th ,on the grounds of concern for attendee safety ...if a fan in attendance gets too toked up to the point of hazy functionality maybe he/she trips on stairs and gets hurt or falls from a level above into the lower levels of seating ..whatever. the potential harm if someone gets too high is enough to put up a ban...you would think ..Teams would not want to be sued if somebody gets hurt. SO I think there will be such bans for fans against who would toke up otherwise ..but players who report to the game in an altered state of mind. .that is the real issue we could witness.

Of course Q already is coaching in an altered state of mind...from his indulgence in the Merlot, so I doubt he would toke up ..but we cannot really say because a double whammy of Merlot +Mary Jane might be the ultimate in copacetic nirvana...but as our losses pile up ,Q could be seeking more mental stress relief ...especially when we visit Canada ...and certainly will be in a more "Don't hit me with those negative wavest"frame of mind in the post-game media conferences ....

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
So Larkin's new deal is at $6.1 per year for 5 yr. term...he had 63 pts..this ought to set the bar for Schmaltz . ..either they give him $5.0 for 5 yrs (he had only 52 pts.)by the same approx. $1 million for every 10 points...

You know this isn't a real thing no matter how many times you say it right?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
5 years 6.1 Million for Larkin. That will be Schmaltz’s deal as well. Don’t mind it.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Lol at the ending. Canada scores to tie the game but the clock ran out. Problem is, refs called it a goal, and there is no video review. Goes to OT and Canada wins to go to the Gold medal game. LOL

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Looks like Brady Tkachuk is going to join Boqvist in London.

That could be one heck of a team. 3 of the top 10 picks in this last draft.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I wonder who London will have QB their PP. I think they will have Boqvist do it with Bouchard on a wing for one timers. Their PP is going to be fun to watch.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Nashville is going to be a consistently great team for a loooooong time, but Im not sure they'll ever reach elite status without giving Forsberg some game-breaking help up front.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Sekera out indefinitely for the Oilers. At this poibt, Im not sure there's anything Chia wont give up for Faulk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad