Around the League XXXV: Illinois Represent

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Well im sure the asking price will come down. But I think he would be a great fit next to Kane. And I think he would take a reasonable deal if him and Kane click.

That would be cool, i think he would fit in well with Kane.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well im sure the asking price will come down. But I think he would be a great fit next to Kane. And I think he would take a reasonable deal if him and Kane click.

I don't know next summer is his final chance at big contract so I don't think he will take a discount especially since he wont give Habs what would be viewed as discount

What is he asking?

Not sure on what he wants but Habs were asking for too much during leadup to draft and that is why market dried up

Kings/Isles and others seemed to balk at price with Kings signing Kovy instead

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The rumor on Montreal radio was that Montreal had a trade set up with the Kings, so long as Pacioretty agreed to an extension. The Kings offered 6x6, Pacioretty said no deal, so the trade was off.

I don't know if that rumor is true, but even putting it aside, I would guess he probably wants at least Evander Kane money, which makes sense, since he's a significantly better player than Evander Kane.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The rumor on Montreal radio was that Montreal had a trade set up with the Kings, so long as Pacioretty agreed to an extension. The Kings offered 6x6, Pacioretty said no deal, so the trade was off.

I don't know if that rumor is true, but even putting it aside, I would guess he probably wants at least Evander Kane money, which makes sense, since he's a significantly better player than Evander Kane.

Ummmm, not really.

I want nothing to do with Patch.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
No thanks on Patches. Isn't he one of the reasons PK was driven out of MTL? Also, his main appeal has always been his production level-ca hit ratio, that wont be the case after this season.

Also, reading the Matthews offer sheet thread on the trade forum...Arizona should absolutely offer sheet Matthews something ridiculous like $14-$16 MAAV. They have nothing to lose.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Ummmm, not really.

I want nothing to do with Patch.
He absolutely is. Outside of last season where everyone on the Habs was terrible, Patch is a 30-35G 60-70pt player. Kane has scored 30 once in his career7 years ago, and hasn't had more than 43pts since 11-12 season. It's not even really close.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I was reading correctly. I don’t agree but I can see where someone would see Kane as untapped talent.

I think Patch's best days are behind him and I've always liked Kane. The worry with him however is can he stay healthy. He tends to play the game with reckless abandon.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Cap flexibility to start the season can't be downplayed. Was actually expecting to have to give up more than Hino if that happens.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I guess but what are we even going to use that cap on?! There aren't any more exciting free agents and we don't really have much to give up to grab a pricy player that's going to help us out.

Depends on what we get from AZ I guess.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My gut is that we actually wouldn't get much, maybe a third tier prospect. It'd be like a diet version of the Campbell to Florida trade where we got cap space and a bag of pucks. If we get more, neat. If we give up more, ew.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I guess but what are we even going to use that cap on?! There aren't any more exciting free agents and we don't really have much to give up to grab a pricy player that's going to help us out.

Depends on what we get from AZ I guess.

Could be another trade in the works, and this is a pre-cursor to open up the cap space for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->