Around the League XXXV: Illinois Represent

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
According to TSN, an unnamed person made an offer to buy Senators ... but it seems Melnyk who has recently secured more finance is determined not to sell. Too bad for Sens and its fans.
it will happen soon enough as Melnyk has lost a lot of his wealth over the last few years...at some point it will give and we will have to sell.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The guy that made the comments about Seabrook is his agent says twitter comments. If that guy locked up the two worst deals in the league then he’s a beauty.

Reactions: JaegerDice

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Doughty has played a lot of tough minutes like Keith has, to sign him for those numbers will look kind of ugly IMO after year 3-4...I think he starts to decline like Keith has simply because the body can only do so much...maybe I am wrong, but I know he has played more minutes than anyone the past 8 years not named Keith, Seabs, and Hammer I believe...reg and playoffs included.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Man, all these guys getting extensions lasting into their mid-late 30's. I know the cap likely keeps going up but we all know how banking on that can backfire and bite you.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Not saying it’s a good deal, but being the guy that lets your future HOF multiple cup winner walk is how you get fired.

No argument from me. Like I said, just would be hesitant to give him a full 8 year term. I'd rather give him 6. Just saying I'd start negotiations closer to 5 or 6 years for term at that price.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You keep and pay guys like Doughty, or you spend another 10 years looking for him again. Deal with the problems later, win now.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
You keep and pay guys like Doughty, or you spend another 10 years looking for him again. Deal with the problems later, win now.

That's fine if you are a team that can actually win something now. I think it's a lot less clear if you not.

I completely understand the climate. You kind of have no choice but to sign the guy, but at some point I have to think that starts to change. Much like MLB teams finally collectively wising up and not throwing everything but the kitchen sink at starting pitchers. The back halves of those contracts are so likely to be hindrances. Again, I get it, and I understand it, but man that's just a shit sandwich to eat handing long-years to someone at or near 30.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
They could of tried to get Totonto to pay out for Doughty.

The Kings are already so aged up just like, if not moreso than the hawks. Especially with adding Kolvy. But it's really a win soon and it will collapse after

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad