Around the League XL: Games 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Reading some of these posts, it never ceases to amaze me how some folks love to lay blame for losses rather than give credit to the winners. Most with an agenda.
Truly. Leafs are a good team that took a really tough Boston club to 7 games.

The Sharks capitalized on a huge opportunity. Winners find a way. (OK I know the Hawks lost in overtime but this is still one of my favorite memories)

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Talk about rightfully pissed. He compared it to the Saints-LA game call.

Eakin was aggressive after the face-off but I think the play called for a 2-minute penalty to Statsny for interference. It was unfortunate the way Pavelski landed on the ice but that shouldn't have had any influence on the call. Unfortunately the NHL has gone the opposite way in recent times.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I also saw that Matthews played 18 min??? Is this true. If so wtf they were trailing the whole game. He should have played like 25min.

Game 7 ESTOI

John Tavares = 18:59
Mitch Marner = 18:33
Zach Hyman = 18:15
Austin Matthews = 16:28
Kasperi Kapanen = 14:37
William Nlander = 14:33

Overall Matthews played 18:48

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
You guys, I shut it off after it was 3-0 to watch Star Trek :shakehead

Reactionary call. It looked like a really violent play when i first watched the highlights. Nonetheless you can't blow a 3 goal lead with 10 minutes left. It's literally your season on the line, gotta take care of business

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Reactionary call. It looked like a really violent play when i first watched the highlights. Nonetheless you can't blow a 3 goal lead with 10 minutes left. It's literally your season on the line, gotta take care of business

I don’t care if it was 3-0, you turned off a game 7 for Star Trek!!?

:facepalm:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Marchand is a guy i would have here, but that doesnt change the fact i hate his antics. There are just some guys youd less rather see where the jersey.

In Kadris case, i dont think its worth the gamble. At 28, a good locker room may make him a good team mate, but i just dont see the on ice crap letting up.

As for comparing the difficulties the Hawks have had with Kane or Keith to the difficulties the Laffs have had with Kadri, really? There is simply no comparison.

You clearly don't understand the magnitude of issues Kane had off ice and I am not just talking about the legal issues.

Keith has been suspended for 12 games and Kadri 18 games so they are 100% comparable. Both players were suspended for stupid dirty plays.

The other thing you don't seem to get is how big of an impact solid leadership in the room can have on a player.

Reactions: JaegerDice

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I don’t care if it was 3-0, you turned off a game 7 for Star Trek!!?

:facepalm:

1) Its not the Hawks
2) What kind of chump team blows a 3 goal lead with 10 minutes left???? That game was in the bag
3) One tv in an apartment with a live-in girlfriend, i'll let you do the math on that one

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
1) Its not the Hawks
2) What kind of chump team blows a 3 goal lead with 10 minutes left???? That game was in the bag
3) One tv in an apartment with a live-in girlfriend, i'll let you do the math on that one

1) it’s playoff hockey though.
2) well now you know who! Remember when Toronto gave up 2 ENers in the playoffs? Someone posted Toews scoring 2 just a day ago as well.
3) Laptop. Phone. Streams are easy to find even if you can’t log into the NBC app. Nice try though.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
That was an emotional penalty for sure, but Vegas was up 3-1 in that series and then 3-1 in game 7 with minutes to go. Hate the penalty all you want, but Vegas (and Fleury btw) blew it.

Also, all Canadian teams are once again eliminated from the playoffs.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It was a bad call.

Bad calls happen.

And it bears remembering, Vegas was up 3-1 in this series at one point. If they finish their business, they’re not even in this situation.

That is exactly what I thought of as well. I still like the Avs against them too, but Vegas was my team for sure beating them. @JaegerDice your pick may actually be right now.

It was always going to be right, anyway. ;)

The Blues have been playing significantly better than San Jose for months, they have significantly better goaltending and they played better than San Jose in the first round. San Jose with all those weaknesses, still took Vegas to 7, so the idea that Vegas would automatically torch the Blues seemed odd to me.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
It was a bad call.

Bad calls happen.

And it bears remembering, Vegas was up 3-1 in this series at one point. If they finish their business, they’re not even in this situation.

It was always going to be right, anyway. ;)

The Blues have been playing significantly better than San Jose for months, they have significantly better goaltending and they played better than San Jose in the first round. San Jose with all those weaknesses, still took Vegas to 7, so the idea that Vegas would automatically torch the Blues seemed odd to me.

There are bad calls, there are really really bad calls that decide games.

And then there is this, a call so bad it altered the outcome of a game 7. It’s not the only reason Vegas lost, obviously, but it’s a significant factor and it should have never come to this.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I, like a lot of you, was really upset at what happened last night to Vegas.

So let’s not forget that the Toronto Maple Leafs are out of the playoffs!

Reactions: RayP

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Star Trek or Star Trek: The Next Generation or Deep Space Nine?

Because I could understand TNG or DS9 ,, TOS is crap

Nevermind saw your post

It was the first JJ Abrahms one! The good one. I wasn't watching the old tv show or anything

Star Trek (2009) - IMDb

Just terrible decision on your part

TNG or DS9 are understandable

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
DS9 always needs love.

Give me a Dominion War or post-Dominion War show already, please.

Star Trek is sadly dead after the abomination that CBS created

Thankfully I will always have TNG and DS9 (And to far lesser extent Voyager who at least had some good moments in seasons 4-7 as show improved greatly starting in season 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad