Around the League XL: Games 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Worst part of the Knights losing IMO. An injury riddled Sharks team won't be coming out of the West. It'll be a central team, and Blues look like the likely option right now.
Colorado is going to the Cup. Did you miss the Calgary series?

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Fell asleep with it 3-0.

giphy.gif

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Easily the worst call I've ever seen in an NHL playoff game. By far. Give him a 2 min for a cross check, at worst. You don't give a guy a 5 and the game for a shove just because it injured the player and the fan/player reactions. That happens on pretty much every single faceoff... guys just don't fall the way Pavelski did 99.999999% of the time. Embarrassing. That said, Vegas can't give up 4 f***ing PP goals on one 5 minute PK.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Worst part of the Knights losing IMO. An injury riddled Sharks team won't be coming out of the West. It'll be a central team, and Blues look like the likely option right now.
Blues got to get past the Stars, and the Stars have played wonderfully= the new Legion of Doom line is clicking and that top d pairing is something to see!

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Got pointed out that Babcock when he pulled goalie sent Patrick Marleau on as extra attack , LOL

Marleau has been bad thru 2nd half of season and playoffs and hadn't scored goal in 13 games and only had 2 goals in last 26 games

It was brought up after game and he gave reporter that smartass smirk and blew off giving real answer as to why he sent out a player who has been playing so poorly in both regular season and playoffs when team needed goal

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Also was pointed out he didn't do much line shuffling , etc and refused to stack his lines when needing goal

This has been trademark of Babcock thru years and has hurt Leafs/Wings

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I love how the East looks or will look after tonight, both matchups are going to be awesome, that is where most of my attention will be/most epic exciting hockey as well. Stars and Blues will be solid as well, but the East will have the best hockey moving forward IMO.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Got pointed out that Babcock when he pulled goalie sent Patrick Marleau on as extra attack , LOL

Marleau has been bad thru 2nd half of season and playoffs and hadn't scored goal in 13 games and only had 2 goals in last 26 games

It was brought up after game and he gave reporter that smartass smirk and blew off giving real answer as to why he sent out a player who has been playing so poorly in both regular season and playoffs when team needed goal

I also saw that Matthews played 18 min??? Is this true. If so wtf they were trailing the whole game. He should have played like 25min.

Reactions: Blue Liner

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Timo Meier was an absolute horse in that game last night. I havnt been able to watch him much at all but man hes impressive.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Keith has some really dirty plays in his history and has got away with some past that.

Sorry but if you put him in a room with solid to really good leadership and you there is a really good chance you will see a dramatic improvement in behavior. Carrillo is proof in Chicago. The other huge factor is you would be removing a huge amount of pressure by removing him from the Toronto market.

Patrick Kane had internal problems with the Blackhawks, this is why he was mentioned. It is not like it is some secret.

The fact that you wouldn't want Brad Marchand on the Hawks tells me that we are all wasting are time trying to argue this with you. This is laughably stupid to say.
Marchand is a guy i would have here, but that doesnt change the fact i hate his antics. There are just some guys youd less rather see where the jersey.

In Kadris case, i dont think its worth the gamble. At 28, a good locker room may make him a good team mate, but i just dont see the on ice crap letting up.

As for comparing the difficulties the Hawks have had with Kane or Keith to the difficulties the Laffs have had with Kadri, really? There is simply no comparison.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Reading some of these posts, it never ceases to amaze me how some folks love to lay blame for losses rather than give credit to the winners. Most with an agenda.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Reading some of these posts, it never ceases to amaze me how some folks love to lay blame for losses rather than give credit to the winners. Most with an agenda.

Most people in here have done both, and have been pretty obvious about it. Everything I've read, and everything I've said, is that San Jose got a gift of a terrible call, but Vegas can't give up 4 PP goals in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad