Around the League XL: Games 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
The difference was Hossa actually committed a penalty and a 5 min major was not out of the question for the infraction.

I agree with your premise that good teams overcome but you can’t argue that was a pretty ****ing awful call that probably ended up changing the outcome of the game and the series.
To me, it doesn't really matter if you committed the penalty or not. Bad calls happen all the time. It was an awful call and they took advantage. If Vegas kills that off, or only allows 1 goal, IDK like a NORMAL team. I agree it was a terrible call. I'd be mad. I don't think the refs deserve to be fired.

Reactions: DPHawk

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
by the way: cross checking penalties that result in injury are an automatic 5 minutes. I'm more inclined to say that was an accident but I see a crosscheck maybe 2, and an injury. Bottom line. They imploded.

Reactions: Cowch

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The refs deserve blame absolutely.

So does Vegas for possibly an all-time worst five minute penalty kill showing.

I mean, holy cow.... I think four random AHLers might've allowed less than four goals in five minutes against an NHL squad.

Reactions: Callidusblackhawk

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Couture.
LaBanc.
Hertl.
Clutch^3.
Not a fan of either club but talk about coming back from the dead. That game WAS over ... til ...
Never seen anything equal that PP in many MANY years of watching hockey.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
A five minute power play is probably the biggest momentum changer in the entire game of hockey. You can't just knee-jerk hand one out because a guy got hurt in a freak accident. It COMPLETELY changed the momentum of that game. The game was over. The 5 minute major gave San Jose the ONLY real chance they had to come back in this game. The fact that it really wasn't even a penalty makes it even worse. There wasn't even an arm up at any point...

Those downplaying this call are out to lunch. It is the biggest blunder by officials I have ever witnessed in a game, hands down.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
A five minute power play is probably the biggest momentum changer in the entire game of hockey. You can't just knee-jerk hand one out because a guy got hurt in a freak accident. It COMPLETELY changed the momentum of that game. The game was over. The 5 minute major gave San Jose the ONLY real chance they had to come back in this game. The fact that it really wasn't even a penalty makes it even worse. There wasn't even an arm up at any point...

Those downplaying this call are out to lunch. It is the biggest blunder by officials I have ever witnessed in a game, hands down.

Not to mention Eakin a key cog of Vegas team was thrown out of game so they were playing without him rest of 3rd (Including 5 min PK) and OT

To me its the 3rd biggest blunder

1) Non call on Hull in crease (The rule of time should have been no-goal)
2) The game in which Jets threw puck into crease and it was ruled goal and then somehow video replay confirmed it and Hawks went nuts losing game on a puck that wasn't ever in net

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
giphy.gif

Also those saying "Its a cross check" are nuts as well because we see this same play on almost every faceoff

If you want refs to call this your talking 20-25 cross checking penalties a game

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
At this point I have come to fear that Blues are making it to Finals vs this West field

Isles are my pick from what is left in East though I wont be shocked if B's go on roll

Would love Jackets or Hurricanes but don't think they have it in them to go all the way

Blues vs Islanders is sadly what I see as final. In that case go Isles!

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
I didnt realize people hate the sharks so much, and/or love Vegas. I'm indifferent, but I can't help but root for older dudes who have struggled for years.

Reactions: Rooh

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Diving into it a bit more, the rhetoric of this game is ridiculous. Pavelski didn't just fall down and start bleeding for no reason. And let's not forget the Knights were up 3-1. Sure is a lot of blaming from Vegas rn, but they need to look in the mirror.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Its not unusual for people in a city with no team to switch when they actually get a team

+ Until Hawks/Vegas conflict with each other they may even get away with that "I like both teams" nonsense

But moment Hawks play Vegas and stakes are high then person will need to choose if they want to stand with loyalty like House Morment or turn away and run like House Glover!

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Talk about a hot take. That kings loss was brutal af and it was the WCF no less.
That game 7 VS the Kings still hurts.

For those not aware, that quote is from our former mod TK. Don't go and @ Kuja (I made a joke about it in this thread, but mods smartly deleted it in case someone took my comment seriously). But if you see TK pop up on HF Hawks on their own free will, feel free to bring up that quote.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Diving into it a bit more, the rhetoric of this game is ridiculous. Pavelski didn't just fall down and start bleeding for no reason. And let's not forget the Knights were up 3-1. Sure is a lot of blaming from Vegas rn, but they need to look in the mirror.
The Sharks definitely made their own luck in games 6+7 but good lord that is not how a playoff series should end.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Buddy I’m not sure what to tell you. It’s a tough call. By the rules it’s right. Cross check with an injury. That’s 5. Am I calling that? Probably not in hindsight but in the moment I might have? It seemed rather brutal until everyone saw the replay. Guess who don’t have replays.

If you wanna argue for reviewing it before you throw guys out then I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad