Around the League XL: Games 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Man, its going to be a pain playing against Klingberg and Heiskanen for the next decade or more. Legit studs.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Came in here to celebrate Nashville losing with you guys. $&%@ing hate that team and fans. Too lazy too really look into it, but I hope they're on a downhill now.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
anyway you slice it, the ****ing Avs are getting a stud as well. whether it is Byram and Makar or Mackinnon and Turcotte either scenario makes me vomit.

If you're bad for long enough, eventually you'll amass enough draft picks to get good.

Unless you're Edmonton.

It was honestly about time Colorado got good again, they've been middling to bad since like 2003.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I have to question if the Preds window has already started to close. RJ and Turris don't look good. Subban might be on the way out. Josi and company are not getting younger.

Reactions: Cowch

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Technically games 7 is the correct written grammar, but I dont know anybody who says it aloud that way, lol

According to what, though? It all depends on how you look at it. If you look at it as two separate words, then yes. To me... Game 7 is a complete term in and of itself. It's widely recognized throughout the sports world, obviously. The plurality of it, to me, would be game sevens, or game 7's. The "game" portion is not just the noun, the entire term "game 7" is the noun, in this case. So there is nothing wrong with pluralizing the 7 at the end, as opposed to "Game".

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Game is the noun in question, 7 is the modifier. Games 7. Like how the plural for attorney general is attorneys general.

It all depends on if you view "game 7" as a thing, in and of itself, or just the "game" as a thing. It's acceptable, grammatically, either way, IMO. Technically, if we wanted to really get into the grammar of it, it should be hyphenated as "Game-7". Since you generally hyphenate a noun with a modifier that describes it and acts as a single idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->