Around the League XXXIX - Bolts choked earlier than expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Deserve it? They are in the bottom 5 teams attendance % in the NHL. I am sure they have great fans but so do a majority of the teams.

The fans want to embrace franchise but got nothing but crap after each cup run and then a decade without playoffs after CF run

Not to mention all the coming up short of playoffs this past decade

Carolina has tremendous potential for NHL and for years has unfairly been targeted by media and fans up north as a "Terrible market" which is simply not true

Canes have wonderful fans who deserve better then they have gotten

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
those fans have been **** on for years- they 100% deserve it.

Like I have already said, they’ve had shit ownership for years but when you average 76% attendance for a season I can’t say they ‘deserve’ it.

I would love to see them win but their fans are no more deserving than most other fan bases.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Like I have already said, they’ve had **** ownership for years but when you average 76% attendance for a season I can’t say they ‘deserve’ it.

I would love to see them win but their fans are no more deserving than most other fan bases.
I don't get your point, the fans deserve it, they have been shit on. Others have as well, but we are talking about the Canes, happy for them to at least get to a game 7...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Don't take this wrong way BK but you sound oddly like Red Wing fans and other NHL fans who trashed Hawk fans in 2010 as "Band Wagon" and "Fair Weather"

I don't hold anything against anyone who Wirtz ran away from organization as fan or from the lost generation who because of Wirtz didn't grow up caring about Hawks

I don't demand fans stand for BS and show up when ownership/organization doesn't deserve the loyalty

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Don't take this wrong way BK but you sound oddly like Red Wing fans and other NHL fans who trashed Hawk fans in 2010 as "Band Wagon" and "Fair Weather"

I don't hold anything against anyone who Wirtz ran away from organization as fan or from the lost generation who because of Wirtz didn't grow up caring about Hawks

I don't demand fans stand for BS and show up when ownership/organization doesn't deserve the loyalty

Sure, but that’s totally different from “deserving” it.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don’t think they deserve it more than any other fan base.

I mean I could argue the there are far more deserving fan bases considering the Canes had the 2nd worst attendance % in the NHL.

2018-2019 NHL Attendance - National Hockey League - ESPN
I get that, but it is a ridiculously tough market as is, and had inept ownership for years that nearly ruined a great thing like Ottawa had. The fans are literally starting to come back...their attendance trend has gone up the past 3 years, we went through the dark ages as well, I feel bad for all teams that have bad owners/incompetent management..I am happy for them, not saying they should win the cup or they are the only team out there that had a rough go, but happy for the fans and the city..they were a strong hockey market for years prior to the shit storm they went through.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I sound nothing like a Wings fan. You need to read my posts. I simply don’t feel that the Canes fans deserve it any more than other teams fans.

FYI, You have no idea about Wings fans believe me. I lived it.

I support my team no matter what and always have and that is how I will always be.

I had no issue with fans who stepped away at the end with Wirtz though.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I get that, but it is a ridiculously tough market as is, and had inept ownership for years that nearly ruined a great thing like Ottawa had. The fans are literally starting to come back...their attendance trend has gone up the past 3 years, we went through the dark ages as well, I feel bad for all teams that have bad owners/incompetent management..I am happy for them, not saying they should win the cup or they are the only team out there that had a rough go, but happy for the fans and the city..they were a strong hockey market for years prior to the **** storm they went through.

I don’t see it ever being a strong market but that it is due to Basketball and Football being the dominant sports there and the lack of infrastructure.

It can be solid but I doubt strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->