Jackets: 8th, 27th, Seabrook, Forsling

giphy.gif

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Hawks: Panarin

Jackets: 8th, 27th, Seabrook, Forsling

giphy.gif

Way too much, IMO. I know Columbus is taking back Seabs and his garbage contract... but no thanks to giving up both the 8th and 27th, as well as Forsling, for a one year rental. Only way I'd be remotely close to interested on that is if the Hawks already have an extension worked out with him prior for 4-5 years. Not going to lose the entire future for one year of Panarin, when the Hawks likely aren't winning the Cup next year anyways.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You laugh but if Panarin would sign back here and we could dump Seabrook. I’d do that deal easily if you take out Forsling.
You'd give Columbus... 8th OA, 27th OA, and Seabrook, for one season of Panarin? Why? You're forsaking the entire future(roughly 4-5 seasons, I'd say) for a single season of Panarin, a season the Hawks aren't even going to contend in, more likely than not. Only way I even think about it is like I said before, if Panarin has already agreed to sign a guaranteed extension with the Hawks prior to the move.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
You'd give Columbus... 8th OA, 27th OA, and Seabrook, for one season of Panarin? Why? You're forsaking the entire future(roughly 4-5 seasons, I'd say) for a single season of Panarin, a season the Hawks aren't even going to contend in, more likely than not. Only way I even think about it is like I said before, if Panarin has already agreed to sign a guaranteed extension with the Hawks prior to the move.
It literally says “if Panarin would sign back here.” And honestly. Getting rid of Seabrook and a if Crawford is healthy, I’d still do it even without knowing if he would re-sign.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Sorry, lol. I misread.
All good. I’m just thinking that this team is way better than last season and adding Panarin back and having Saad would be awesome. No Seabrook to weigh down the back end, clear cap to maybe sign a D man. I like this team for the next 2-3 with no Seabrook on it.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
All good. I’m just thinking that this team is way better than last season and adding Panarin back and having Saad would be awesome. No Seabrook to weigh down the back end, clear cap to maybe sign a D man. I like this team for the next 2-3 with no Seabrook on it.

I think it's a better team than last season, simply because the young players should be more developed/experienced(hopefully). I still don't think they're in contention without a top 4 D, a top 6 forward, and a good backup goalie(and a healthy Crow). Panarin only ticks one of those boxes. We would need to also sign a D, or trade for one, and see what happens with Crow and the rest of the goalie situation.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
DeBrincat- Toews -Kane
Panarin - Schmaltz - Saad

Would be a beastly top 6. Pick your poison.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I’m pretty sure this is just a smart move on Panarins part trying to maximize his value though. Cap is going up a bunch and there’s some big time UFAs that could help shift the market further. If you gotta live in Ohio, you might as well get every damn dollar that you deserve.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hoffman-Barkov-Dadonov
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Bjugstad

Hoffman-Barkov-Bjugstad
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Dadonov

Huberdeau-Barkov-Dadonov
Hoffman-Trocheck-Bjugstad

Huberdeau-Barkov-Bjugstad
Hoffman-Trocheck-Dadonov

Panthers have a damn good top 6 for next year with a variety of top 6 combinations to deploy

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Borgstrom's a good one, too. Just don't look at their D or the age of their goaltender

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Borgstrom's a good one, too. Just don't look at their D or the age of their goaltender

That is issue to an extent but D is fairly young with room to develop and though Luongo is reaching twilight him and Reimer as tandem is still solid.

They do need a longterm option in net soon and will have to address that

A team that went 44-30-8 with 96 pts just barely missing playoffs adding Hoffman is major move to strengthen an already good team

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Hoffman-Barkov-Dadonov
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Bjugstad

Hoffman-Barkov-Bjugstad
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Dadonov

Huberdeau-Barkov-Dadonov
Hoffman-Trocheck-Bjugstad

Huberdeau-Barkov-Bjugstad
Hoffman-Trocheck-Dadonov

Panthers have a damn good top 6 for next year with a variety of top 6 combinations to deploy
Maybe they can make the playoffs for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad