Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Clearly they couldn't cut it as NHL players and decided to retire after 2-3 years of minor pro hockey. Some got a few games in the show but nothing substantial.

Maybe their inability to approach an NHL lockerroom with the same mindset as a typical professional workplace was part of the reason they couldn't stick around. ;)

I kid, I kid.

We're not going to agree on this. I don't think Hoffman showing up will destroy the Florida lockerroom. I guess we'll know in a few years.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Actually I am talking about some notable 90's scandals including one that rocked Blues and lead to trade of that player

Interestingly in the next two locker rooms he played in he was not "Outcast" nor did it destroy teams despite the sacredness of locker room

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Maybe their inability to approach an NHL lockerroom with the same mindset as a typical professional workplace was part of the reason they couldn't stick around. ;)

I kid, I kid.

We're not going to agree on this. I don't think Hoffman showing up will destroy the Florida lockerroom. I guess we'll know in a few years.
Depends on if his wife continues to be a bitch or not, what if she starts harassing some new wives on the Panthers? It will turn into a shit show like the Ottawa room has.

Are teams willing to take the chance that this has smartened her up? It scares teams off.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Actually your proving my point

If teams can thrive with someone like him around in locker room then Hoffman and his future wife are far from the destructive entities they are made out to be on HF this past week

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic... and agrees with you.

That said, locker room cancers do exist, and do cause issues, and rifts in the locker room, across all pro sports.

If Hoffman's wife were to pick up and start doing this to someone else on the Panthers now, then it would 100% cause issues with the Panthers locker room and organization.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Depends on if his wife continues to be a ***** or not, what if she starts harassing some new wives on the Panthers? It will turn into a **** show like the Ottawa room has.

Are teams willing to take the chance that this has smartened her up? It scares teams off.
As long as he keeps scoring around 55 points somebody will give him a shot.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Depends on if his wife continues to be a ***** or not, what if she starts harassing some new wives on the Panthers? It will turn into a **** show like the Ottawa room has.

People take chances on players smartening up all the time if they think they have the talent to help a team, no reason not to extend the same rationale to a player's loved one for the same reason.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
One thing's for certain, Wilson is doing an excellent job preying on the market inefficiency of 'troublemaking' players and the disproportionate impact on their value.

Paid basically nothing in a trade for Kane, who played well for them.

Paid basically nothing in a trade for Hoffman, flips him to Florida for a nice package.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
What Buffalo was asking for was ridiculous.

For a 30-goal scorer? It was high, every selling GM starts the price high, but a conditional 1st seems lower than what most 30 goal scorers get traded for at TDL.

But you're right, saying he paid 'nothing' was too far.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Evander Kane has scored thirty goals one time.

He scored 29 last season. 1 goal difference is a bit of a nit pick.

EDIT: Sorry, my mistake, NHL.com combined RS and playoffs for some reason.

EDIT2: Actually, I have no idea what NHL.com is doing here:

7SnW6e0.png

Lower down it says 20 goals for the same season. The website is weird.

EDIT3: Ok, corsica.hockey says he scored 29 and I trust them, so I'm going with that. 29 goals is pretty close to 30.

He also scored 28 two seasons ago.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Actually your proving my point

If teams can thrive with someone like him around in locker room then Hoffman and his future wife are far from the destructive entities they are made out to be on HF this past week

He won 3 cups with Detroit that was a veteran loaded team that had like 6-7 HoF players. They 100% thrived but that team was not losing to anyone.

Shannahan also married the lady he cheated with so it was not a catch and release situation. This doesn't make it ok but it changes it long term.

Also the fact that social media wasn't really around has an impact as well.

Another impact was the lockout that happened around the same time which allowed for things to cool.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
He scored 29 last season. 1 goal difference is a bit of a nit pick.

EDIT: Sorry, my mistake, NHL.com combined RS and playoffs for some reason.

EDIT2: Actually, I have no idea what NHL.com is doing here:

7SnW6e0.png

Lower down it says 20 goals for the same season. The website is weird.

EDIT3: Ok, corsica.hockey says he scored 29 and I trust them, so I'm going with that. 29 goals is pretty close to 30.

He also scored 28 two seasons ago.

This was the first time he broke the fifty point barrier since 12'. Lauding Wilson for taking advantage of market inefficiencies after that contract extension is loony toons.

Going full capitalist would to have let Kane walk and plug in Hoffman.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
This was the first time he broke the fifty point barrier since 12'. Lauding Wilson for taking advantage of market inefficiencies after that contract extension is loony toons.

Going full capitalist would to have let Kane walk and plug in Hoffman.

Yeah, I was speaking more about the trade than the contract.

I don't love the contract at the moment, but I'm waiting to see what other contracts coming up look like. I think we're seeing a big swell from the McDavid contract and the cap increase. Players have a new high-water mark, and all ships rise with the tide.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I didn't realize Kane will only be 27 next year, so his deal will end pre 35 which is a lot better than the recent and other 30 year old 5/6 year power forward deals like what JVR will get.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

Was saying before I saw this coming with CBJ talking about the teams great win of a 1 year evaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->