Around the League | No lead is safe in Round 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I think Biznasty is on his final TNT broadcast. He just said guys in the AHL used steroids when he was playing. You're not supposed to say stuff like that out loud.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
You're not supposed to say that out loud though.

If he was employed by the NHL, maybe. In the US here I doubt any of the networks will punish him for it.

Dallas is going to be absolutely dog tired if they get to the conference finals playing this way. Every game down to the wire, and hardly any rest between series. They're extremely deep so maybe they can overcome it, but playing this many games in such a short time will take a huge toll on them.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Dallas is going to be absolutely dog tired if they get to the conference finals playing this way. Every game down to the wire, and hardly any rest between series. They're extremely deep so maybe they can overcome it, but playing this many games in such a short time will take a huge toll on them.
they are going to love the elevation change

Reactions: Nopefully

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
i mean who actually cares
Gary Bettman?

"Mr. Bettman, an accusation was recently made by a former AHL and NHL player about prevalent steroid use in the AHL. We all know that there is a great deal of traffic between the AHL and the NHL. Can you unequivocally say that the NHL is steroid-free?"

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Gary Bettman?

"Mr. Bettman, an accusation was recently made by a former AHL and NHL player about prevalent steroid use in the AHL. We all know that there is a great deal of traffic between the AHL and the NHL. Can you unequivocally say that the NHL is steroid-free?"

Laraque said the same thing. Boogaard reported failed many drug tests and was allowed to play. Pain killers are probably a bigger problem in the NHL but for AHL players? What would they do to get an NHL opportunity?

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
There is a reasonable chance Brind’amour could be moving on. Sens hired Green….

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
The Canes really disappoint me.

No push back. Lots of shots but can't capitalize on chances while Rags can.

This is the start of the PDO period.

More shots = bad because you're warming the goalie up?

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
My money is on Rod The Bod being done in Carolina once they get knocked out.

Wonder if the Leafs wait alittle to see if it happens.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
My money is on Rod The Bod being done in Carolina once they get knocked out.

Wonder if the Leafs wait alittle to see if it happens.
Carolina has a lot of moves to make in the summer. Pesce, Skjei, TT and their tdl acquisitions of Guentzel are ufa. Necas and Jarvis need new contracts.

Have like $30 mill or something in cap room but will lose a couple of guys.

Skjei and TT likely not back given their age and term of next deal they would want.

Carolina does not typically extend guys in their later 20's into their mid 30's. Did it with Aho, their best offensive player but they won't do it for everyone. All of their UFAs are basically 30 this year, so see which/any they opt to give the max term contract to. Slavin is up next year as well when he's 31. ELC then a max term deal, when these guys hit 30, decision time to either extend them into declining years or walk away and hope you have replacements for them. Carolina has no issues adding 30 year olds for shorter term. Even a 37 year old Burns for 3 years via trade. And Patches for a yea in his mid 30's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angry Little Elf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad