Around the League vol 4 - Own Goals Count Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
the troubling part of the penguins season this year is the last time it happened was after the leafs traded kessel to them. they were looking like they might miss the playoffs up to febuary and in turn it was looking like we were not going to get that draft pick then they went full doomsday mode and pretty much went through the gauntlet skipping and giggling like it wasn't anything but a sunny day at the park

Reactions: SnizzMitch

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
the troubling part of the penguins season this year is the last time it happened was after the leafs traded kessel to them. they were looking like they might miss the playoffs up to febuary and in turn it was looking like we were not going to get that draft pick then they went full doomsday mode and pretty much went through the gauntlet skipping and giggling like it wasn't anything but a sunny day at the park

I wouldn’t be too upset if the Pens made it too the Cup final again this year; of course losing to either Nashville or Vegas....:sarcasm:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Tanev out for the season. Thank Dubas we didnt acqiure him
However, we still have some Leaf fans suggesting that Dubas should have acquired him. It keeps coming up despite how many of us have suggested repeatedly that having a chronically injured player will not be helpful long term. Unbelievable!

Reactions: The Spring Samauri

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I was more so just talking about the general sentiment on these boards. I'd personally think most Leaf fans are who are annoyed about anything are annoyed about the coaching and team effort of the Leafs. Very little to do with NYI. Props to them for keeping pace all season long in the metro.

You can’t really base anything of the main boards here. It’s basically just troll forum. You have to treat it for what it is; a dogs breakfast. I read it just to laugh at people. The team forums are much better for hockey chat.

Side note: a lot of NYI fans do have some serious issues.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
You can’t really base anything of the main boards here. It’s basically just troll forum. You have to treat it for what it is; a dogs breakfast. I read it just to laugh at people. The team forums are much better for hockey chat.

Side note: a lot of NYI fans do have some serious issues.

Yes they do and now they just lost to the lowly Wings while they are fighting for first and the Wings are fighting for Hughes. I Love it.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Yes they do and now they just lost to the lowly Wings while they are fighting for first and the Wings are fighting for Hughes. I Love it.
Well, one way or the other, the Islanders could have used Tavares against the Wings. ;)

They needed him on their team to help them score more than 1 goal, or, they needed him on the Wings to motivate them to score more than 1 goal!

:biglaugh:

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
What did they say the benefit of this current format would be when they changed it? I just don't see any benefits from this. Does it make ratings for the earlier playoff rounds higher because they are always gonna be high in the later rounds?
I think you answered your own question.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I think you answered your own question.

Late rounds don’t get great ratings unless there is a big market or a great storyline.
This year the best chance for the highest ratings would be Vegas and (yuck) Boston.
This is why the NHL needs Detroit, NYR, Chicago to get better.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
So, Babcock, you didn't like, and, didn't want Josh Leivo as a regular NHL player.

Who knew he could even be effective in the shootout? His shootout goal gave the Canucks a 3-2 victory over the Dallas Stars.

Another case of a player labeled useless in Toronto, becomes useful elsewhere.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
So, Babcock, you didn't like, and, didn't want Josh Leivo as a regular NHL player.

Who knew he could even be effective in the shootout? His shootout goal gave the Canucks a 3-2 victory over the Dallas Stars.

*Labeled useless by Babcock. Fans were screaming for the guy to get more playing time, but I guess he rubbed Babs the wrong way. So much so that he was irredeemable to our superstar coach so our loss is Vancouver’s gain.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
*Labeled useless by Babcock. Fans were screaming for the guy to get more playing time, but I guess he rubbed Babs the wrong way. So much so that he was irredeemable to our superstar coach so our loss is Vancouver’s gain.
Yes, I stand corrected, Babcock was the culprit that saw him disposed of like a used diaper!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

You're hanging your hat on him being useful because he's 1/2 in the shootouts this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad