Around the League vol 3: March 2, Firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Ducks Canucks and Pitt all sticking up for each other. Even Leivo got into a fight..so depressing.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
For those convinced that only the top end of the lineup makes a difference, that performing support players are easily replaced, look no farther than the Edmonton Oilers for the rebuttal.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
For those convinced that only the top end of the lineup makes a difference, that performing support players are easily replaced, look no farther than the Edmonton Oilers for the rebuttal.

Maybe. Or maybe it has to do with the lack of a #1D and #1G plus 2 of the worst contracts in the league.

Reactions: kb

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Maybe. Or maybe it has to do with the lack of a #1D and #1G plus 2 of the worst contracts in the league.

The formula ain't completely hard and fast. NYI: No #1D, piecemeal goaltending, no dominant PPG scorer, a few bad contracts, depth of talent on the roster, 1st in their division. Edmonton's best 2 forwards and best defenseman (and it's a wash in goal) are all probably better than the Islanders' best at those positions.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Probably both. They’re pretty mediocre in terms of scoring goals ... their supporting cast is very weak!

Losing to Pittsburgh isn't a shame when you aren't a good team.

Didn't watch last night but I've seen enough to know, their defense without Klefbom is dumb. Sekeras is their 2nd. best, has been injured forever. Nurse is a disappointment to me, looks good at times but at 24 I would want more. Larsson is a 2nd. pairing stay at home.

No hands on any of their forwards beyond Nugent-Hopkins, Draisaitl and McDavid. 20 year old Jesse Puljujarvi may become a player, but the Oilers locker room has ruined several prospects the past several years.

If your centers are, McDavid, Draisaitl, Nugent-Hopkins you'd think they'd win some games, but when they have no one to pass to, their 4th. leading scorer is Nurse with 28 points.

Taylor Hall for Larsson I don't hate that idea, but the return was one sided. Hall for Larsson ++ should have been the deal. Even if they'd received some projects, but Chiarelli had the right idea, cleanse the locker-room of the party atmosphere, but taking the return wasn't as bad as the 1st. and 2nd. for Reinhardt, but it opened up the trade for easy panning. Straight up Hall for Larsson. Reminds me of the Nylander for 2nd. pairing RD proposals here.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
JFJ! JFJ! JFJ! Finally a trading partner for Dubas. Garret Sparks is the solution to their goaltending issues! And the cost is their 2020 1st rounder!
The worse thing you could say about JFJ is he was a corporate shill, ALL the moves he made were directed by the puppet master: Richard Peddie, he was a lame duck GM.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
McDavid just has the blankest stare

Dude looks beaten

honestly. and i said this before - this is why i don't think he should have signed an 8 year contract. (hell, i wouldn't have signed a contract extension period), because i mean. - they still wouldn't trade him but i think he could have flexed some control or something. apparently that's not part of his nature (because of his time in Erie). I said the same thing about matthews, (before anyone stalking here says the same thing).

I don't even know if you can say with any kind of certainty "things will get better." because the issue is constantly the same.
Kaatz/Old Edmonton Oilers Club.
Kaatz isn't selling his team, and everyone in there is so toxic for the team.

They even get their Shanahan and they still can't twist things around.

Reactions: Menzinger

kb

Aug 28, 2009
It's because they only have 2 at the top. lol

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
honestly. and i said this before - this is why i don't think he should have signed an 8 year contract. (hell, i wouldn't have signed a contract extension period), because i mean. - they still wouldn't trade him but i think he could have flexed some control or something. apparently that's not part of his nature (because of his time in Erie). I said the same thing about matthews, (before anyone stalking here says the same thing).

I don't even know if you can say with any kind of certainty "things will get better." because the issue is constantly the same.
Kaatz/Old Edmonton Oilers Club.
Kaatz isn't selling his team, and everyone in there is so toxic for the team.

They even get their Shanahan and they still can't twist things around.

If McDavid publically demands a trade I think they do it. No one would blame him. Well, maybe the shills in the Edmonton media would.

Two years from now if they arent any better I really wonder what he'll do.

Reactions: stickty111

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
If McDavid publically demands a trade I think they do it. No one would blame him. Well, maybe the shills in the Edmonton media would.

At this point I think there’s a 50-50 chance they’ll run him (or more likely draisaitl) out of town.

Its a terribly constructed team that lacks skill beyond its first line/top pairing yet their fans and local media seem to blame the few talented pieces they have.

Literally a tire fire.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The worse thing you could say about JFJ is he was a corporate shill, ALL the moves he made were directed by the puppet master: Richard Peddie, he was a lame duck GM.

Which is why he’s an attractive piece to a team like Edmonton. Owners and VPs want to have input/control of hockey decisions it seems

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Can't see him doing something like that publically.
Feel for the kid though

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

2 years? I think if they miss the playoffs this year and appear to look like they'll miss next year he will request a trade.

Connor ain't gonna put up with playing 13 playoff games in 5 seasons. He just isn't.

The kid already looks defeated in post-game interviews. You'd be hard pressed to find a game where the Oilers won and it wasn't because of McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad