Around the League v2: Everyone Is Getting Fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I expect them to show up Thursday. First home game after a long roatrip for Tampa is usually tough
We can't even show up against a team that was 1-9 in their last 10, and have been terrible against teams in a playoff spot lately - like 1-8-2 or something, so I have a hard time imagining us showing up against the best team in the league.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
We can't even show up against a team that was 1-9 in their last 10, and have been terrible against teams in a playoff spot lately - like 1-8-2 or something, so I have a hard time imagining us showing up against the best team in the league.

See I see it the other way around. You get up to play the best teams in the league not the ones that are slumping but anyways its going to be tough against Tampa for sure

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
See I see it the other way around. You get up to play the best teams in the league not the ones that are slumping but anyways its going to be tough against Tampa for sure
Yea but like I said we're like 1-8-1 or something in our last 10 games vs. playoffs teams; so we really don't get up against anyone lately.

Reactions: La Masse

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Yea but like I said we're like 1-8-1 or something in our last 10 games vs. playoffs teams; so we really don't get up against anyone lately.
Well, how many of those games were played with Hutch and Sparks in net while Andersen just came back from a 4 weeks injury.

I am not making excuses but you really need to look behind a stats line. Just like the Bruins game where people kept saying Matthews was sitting on the bench in the last minute while completing ignoring the fact that Matthews was on the ice for a minute before the last minute of the game.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Button posted the top 5 Habs prospects so I took a look, didn't really know Romanov that well but man him and SDA have to be long lost twins.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
It was always the odd thing about people harping on Sparks for his technical play, MCBackups was disaster always. He always gives out the biggest, juiciest rebounds. There’s a reason why he had a reputation of being a mediocre back up before he joined the leafs

McBackup wasn't great technically but he has been around the NHL a long time and is reliable, Sparks is a mess technically, it's not even close.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
As you all know, if the season were to end today we'd play the Bruins in the first round. Interestingly enough, with the old 1-8 conference playoff format, we would still play the Bruins (4 seed vs. 5 seed) I the first round, thanks to our recent skid allowing Washington and Columbus to pass us.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
McBackup wasn't great technically but he has been around the NHL a long time and is reliable, Sparks is a mess technically, it's not even close.

Not a Sparks fan at all but it's worth pointing out that McBackup had similar stats to Sparks at the same stage that Sparks' currently is. They have a similar style but obviously experience and work ethic have kept McBackup around and he's finally found a bit of a groove late in his career.

Sparks can have a similar career. I just don't see him being a starter, nor a Leafs long-term.

Reactions: stickty111

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
As you all know, if the season were to end today we'd play the Bruins in the first round. Interestingly enough, with the old 1-8 conference playoff format, we would still play the Bruins (4 seed vs. 5 seed) I the first round, thanks to our recent skid allowing Washington and Columbus to pass us.

Boston can't beat this year's team in a playoff series, we were 1 period away from knocking them out with last years team, if Freddy would have closed them out in third, we were through

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Boston can't beat this year's team in a playoff series, we were 1 period away from knocking them out with last years team, if Freddy would have closed them out in third, we were through

Boston may be better this year.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
i was thinking the other night, had a idea. how many people would be for moving the all star game to june or even july. kinda like the nfl does with the pro bowl. just seems so wonky to have it in the middle of the season when players are getting suspended for not going. having it in the middle of January just seems goofy considering most teams had a 4-5 days break at some point during decemeber . ive noticed the leafs do well with a busy schedule but the moment they start getting 3-4 days between games they go in to a full lull.

my buddies opinions were its not broke so don't fix it mentality. but my response is the all star game has been broke since the mid 90s

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
i was thinking the other night, had a idea. how many people would be for moving the all star game to june or even july. kinda like the nfl does with the pro bowl. just seems so wonky to have it in the middle of the season when players are getting suspended for not going. having it in the middle of January just seems goofy considering most teams had a 4-5 days break at some point during decemeber . ive noticed the leafs do well with a busy schedule but the moment they start getting 3-4 days between games they go in to a full lull.

my buddies opinions were its not broke so don't fix it mentality. but my response is the all star game has been broke since the mid 90s

I think its fine the way it is, I don't see players wanting to play in June or July.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
It was always the odd thing about people harping on Sparks for his technical play, MCBackups was disaster always. He always gives out the biggest, juiciest rebounds. There’s a reason why he had a reputation of being a mediocre back up before he joined the leafs
Great post, and its obvious Mac's positioning is horrendous.
Sparks might be more reliable.
If you remove his first start
GAA: 2.64
SV%: .917

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad