Around the League Thread | Conference Final Edition | Go Tanev and Bobby Lu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
...wait, since when does the selke get announced separate from the nhl awards?

was just talking to someone about how, fake awards (messier leadership) aside, the nhl doing an awards show is so much better than the nba just randomly naming the mvp or dpoy in the second round or whatever by having the nba on tnt panel call them via zoom. are any of the other awards going to be announced before the year end show?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
...wait, since when does the selke get announced separate from the nhl awards?

was just talking to someone about how, fake awards (messier leadership) aside, the nhl doing an awards show is so much better than the nba just randomly naming the mvp or dpoy in the second round or whatever by having the nba on tnt panel call them via zoom. are any of the other awards going to be announced before the year end show?

They started doing that this year. Not entirely sure why other than to streamline the actual award show.

May 22nd: Jack Adams
May 28th: King Clancy
June 10th: Manager of the Year (Finalists to be announced this week)
June 13th: Willie O'Ree
June 27th: Award Show (Calder, Hart, Norris, Lindsay, & Vezina)

• Wow
Reactions: vancityluongo

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
Final four bandwagon list for me:

1. Dallas for the finns and tanev on the team. Benn though... i'll go to my happy place until heiskanen gets to hoist.
2. Florida for barkov being a finnish captain and other finns on the roster. Colin campbell in the organisation though... yuck.
3. Rangers have Kakko, but also workplace hazard Trouba so... not rooting for them at all

75. I can be happy for the lady dressed as the stanley cup in oilers' yard party if they wik but that's about it

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
We are all Dallas Stars

My own general rule is to cheer for ex-Canucks.

Tanev and Luongo are the guys I'm pulling for. My love for Tanev is enough to make me swallow my bile on Seguin and Benn, and I respect the way the rest of that roster is constructed.

Stecher isn't getting a sniff in Edmonton - and I saw enough of them this series to hope they lose. So knowing my luck, they'll win it all. :laugh:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Chris Tanev's an East Toronto guy (Greektown, I think), so I'd be within spitting distance of a public Stanley Cup celebration this summer, if Dallas wins it

He'd probably bring it to the Danforth or something

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
My own general rule is to cheer for ex-Canucks.

Tanev and Luongo are the guys I'm pulling for. My love for Tanev is enough to make me swallow my bile on Seguin and Benn, and I respect the way the rest of that roster is constructed.

Stecher isn't getting a sniff in Edmonton - and I saw enough of them this series to hope they lose. So knowing my luck, they'll win it all. :laugh:

He may not be an ex-Canuck but I help rooting for Pavelski. This may very well be his last shot at a cup and I'm always a sucker for guys getting their chance at the last dance.

Reactions: mathonwy

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
I want to see Tom Gaglardi give the one finger salute (both sides) in the direction of Frankenberries.

i'm torn between cheering for gaglardi (to make aqua sad) and cheering for the oilers (i know i know but i think hockey is better when canadian teams have success)

Reactions: vancityluongo

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Seravalli wasting no time writing up an article about how the Oilers are "truly Canada's team". How about go f*** yourself, bud.

Seravalli can go f*** himself, that useless fat f***. Canadian nationalism at its f***ing worst, no one is cheering for Edmonton except their fans.

Seravalli can use that effort to losing some god weight for all I care, idiot.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dez and quat

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Seravalli can go f*** himself, that useless fat f***. Canadian nationalism at its f***ing worst, no one is cheering for Edmonton except their fans.

Seravalli can use that effort to losing some god weight for all I care, idiot.

Seravalli was one of the few analysts that had us performing well above expectations at season start and told everyone not to sleep on the Canucks in the division, I'm fine with him jumping on his playoff bandwagon.

But yeah, there's no such thing as Canada's team for me

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Seravalli was one of the few analysts that had us performing well above expectations at season start and told everyone not to sleep on the Canucks in the division, I'm fine with him jumping on his playoff bandwagon.

But yeah, there's no such thing as Canada's team for me

Honestly, I used to be that way. Cheered for the Flames in 2004, the Oilers in 2006, the Sens in 2007. But 2011 completely changed that for me - when it was the Canucks' turn, the rest of the country actively rooted for us to fail.

So f*** them all. If it's not Vancouver winning the Cup, I could care less. Again, my own personal bar is usually to cheer for former Canucks - so Tanev and Luongo are the guys I'm pulling for now.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Honestly, I used to be that way. Cheered for the Flames in 2004, the Oilers in 2006, the Sens in 2007. But 2011 completely changed that for me - when it was the Canucks' turn, the rest of the country actively rooted for us to fail.

So f*** them all. If it's not Vancouver winning the Cup, I could care less. Again, my own personal bar is usually to cheer for former Canucks - so Tanev and Luongo are the guys I'm pulling for now.

Canadian nationalism at its worst, cheer for the last Canadian team because this country is hungry for a cup.

f*** this countries sports media when it comes to hockey.

Reactions: racerjoe

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I actually don't mind if Oilers gets Lord Stanley, at the very least it will make Buttman's ass crack sweat a little bit.

In any case, I'm gonna be a lame show boater and flex the fruit of my labour:

Six weeks ago

Six days ago

2-3 years of trial and error, as we had not owned a place with a yard/lawn before. 4 hours of mowing, dethatching, aerating, reseeding, fertilizing, and top...soiling. And now I finally have a patch of green that I can be somewhat not ashamed of.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I actually don't mind if Oilers gets Lord Stanley, at the very least it will make Buttman's ass crack sweat a little bit.

In any case, I'm gonna be a lame show boater and flex the fruit of my labour:

Six weeks ago

Six days ago

2-3 years of trial and error, as we had not owned a place with a yard/lawn before. 4 hours of mowing, dethatching, aerating, reseeding, fertilizing, and top...soiling. And now I finally have a patch of green that I can be somewhat not ashamed of.
I live one block north of you :m-shocked:

If you see a guy wearing yellow pants and a blue shirt running around, that's probably me.

Tidy work there. I hired people last year, but clover decided to take over the whole front lawn this year.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I live one block north of you :m-shocked:

Stupendous.

Wanna grab a bite some time?
:thumbu:

EDIT: to be fair the grass is not perfect, there are a few small patches that just won't germinate, and now has some clovers and other weed growing out. But overall it's looking much better than I anticipated. Once again I learned something new this year, so next year when I do the lawn I'll hopefully improve further. Now if only the same would apply to Tocchet and our team...

• Love
Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Stupendous.

Wanna grab a bite some time?
:thumbu:

EDIT: to be fair the grass is not perfect, there are a few small patches that just won't germinate, and now has some clovers and other weed growing out. But overall it's looking much better than I anticipated. Once again I learned something new this year, so next year when I do the lawn I'll hopefully improve further. Now if only the same would apply to Tocchet and our team...

No doubt. You have the benefit of having no coniferous trees on your plot.

I recall I was able to have weed free lawn in my old area for 2-3 years at a time. The soil in this area is really firm and we unfortunately get inundated with pine needles that mess up the PH balance of my the lawn. Be sure to keep those shrubs neatly trimmed and toss out all the Lafferty's and Mikheyev's off the lawn.

Reactions: valkynax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad