Around the League Thread | Conference Final Edition | Go Tanev and Bobby Lu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Marchand.png

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Or Green or Willy in the NHL. Probably would of been paired with Gudbranson for mentorship
If a skater didn't get to the NHL right away, they were not making their way out of the A unless they were a goalie during that era of player development. Chicago and Carolina had him in the A.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wouldn't it be cool to have Forsling instead of Cole playing for the Canucks right now.

f***en Benning.
Only way he would have made it for Vancouver was for the Canucks to have claimed him instead of FLA. He wouldn't have got out of the Canuck's farm team. Since 19/20 was cut short by Covid and the play in, FLA I guess had priority over the Canucks. So, they would have needed to do a Pouliot and trade for him to jump the queue.

Reactions: calnuck

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Cull would have ruined him in the A.
I don't know the reasons but Forsling *SEEMED* to thrive under Quenneville. I'm not sure how the timelines line up but wasn't "Q" his head coach in Chicago (gave him the major league minutes); and didn't his development stall when "Q" was fired? Moved to Carolina (who had a pretty deep blueline) probably didn't help him. Reunited with "Q" in Florida & Forsling won a permanent job at the NHL level.

Too bad Toronto missed out on Green. That would have been sweet
nah. Jim Benning future GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs.:naughty:

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Only way he would have made it for Vancouver was for the Canucks to have claimed him instead of FLA. He wouldn't have got out of the Canuck's farm team. Since 19/20 was cut short by Covid and the play in, FLA I guess had priority over the Canucks. So, they would have needed to do a Pouliot and trade for him to jump the queue.
Or Vancouver could have never traded him away.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
A Mikky buyout isn't going to keep this team together. Some players are going to have to taken some discounts to stay together.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Always love the "___ would have ruined him" and the "(insert scumbag franchise) discarded him" arguments.

The point we are trying to make is our whole organization was f***ing shit.

Reactions: arttk

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Who from the Benning era made it as a skater that needed ahl time? Forsling wasn’t nhl ready when he arrived in Chicago.

Bo, Brock, Petey, Hughes, to even Stecher and Hutton didn’t go through the A.

Reactions: I am toxic

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Always love the "___ would have ruined him" and the "(insert scumbag franchise) discarded him" arguments.

The point we are trying to make is our whole organization was f***ing shit.

Interfering owner: Francesco Aqualini
GM: Jim Benning
Other guy: Weisbrod
Coach: Willie D
Comets Coach: Travis Green
Top 5 pick: Jake Virtanen
Highest paid piece from Kesler trade: Sbisa (or Sutter - are you happier now?)
Mouthpiece: iMac

I am not making this shit up. It's true.

Stop laughing at me! It's true! Google it!

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Really no way to get a goalie. Those who hit UFA (Markstrom) are due to them being replaced by someone younger/cheaper. So, you won't be able to get someone who can go toe to toe with Shesh, Vasi or Bob when he's on his game.

it occurs to me that the final four goalies might be shesterkin, bobrovsky, georgiev, and silovs. ie, three russians and our mighty latvian.

Too bad Toronto missed out on Green. That would have been sweet

it’s no fun when toronto is a basement dweller. what you want is for toronto to be good enough to have cup aspirations, only to see them cruelly and heartbreakingly dashed, repeatedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad